Job advert - opinions

Hello everyone,

I have seen the following job in my local newspaper as follows:

HGV II Drivers required
To drive lorry mounted road sweepers
Estimated earnings £18,000 - £30,000 per annum.
Full training given

Sounds pretty good. Has anyone done this sort of work before?
The estimated earnings range quite abit, what would you have to do to earn top whack within the drivers regs. The overtime rates must be bloody good!!! or do you reckon it is just too good to be true? They advertise every week so it sounds a bit suspicious.

Cheers

Dont know where youre from Driv3r, but theres a firm near me thats always looking for sweeper drivers, and they expect you to change your own brushes
Regards
Trev

This company is based in Milton Keynes

no tacho used to work on surface dressing and the sweeper drivers used to start 2hrs before main gang and were sweeping 3hrs after we had gone home, most of the time they were booking around 16hrs a day, when they did normal sweeping, they would book 2hrs travel to job min hire 2hrs ( jobs sometimes take 30min) so if they did 8 jobs in a day they would be paid 24 hrs

More likely to be for the local council driving class 2.

Very verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry boring work.

Driv3r:
Hello everyone,

I have seen the following job in my local newspaper as follows:

HGV II Drivers required
To drive lorry mounted road sweepers
Estimated earnings £18,000 - £30,000 per annum.
Full training given

Sounds pretty good. Has anyone done this sort of work before?
The estimated earnings range quite abit, what would you have to do to earn top whack within the drivers regs. The overtime rates must be bloody good!!! or do you reckon it is just too good to be true? They advertise every week so it sounds a bit suspicious.

Cheers

someones having a giraffe :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you regularly scan the job ads and see the same Co advertising the same job,
its prolly:
not living up to expectations
the employer is a knob or worse
your expected to run bent
you are over worked and flogged to within an inch of you life
theres a revolving door

in other words all the crap jobs are regularly advertised with outragious claims of income or perks

Didn’t one of the ex moderators have a spin at this (Steve)? Lots of hours parked up according to him feet up sawing wood… :wink:

Our firm run around 25 road sweepers and wages of that sort are achievable but don’t expect to see much of your home.

Our lads are paid for signed hours with travel on top ie: sweep a site for 1 hour and ticket is a minimum of 4 hours signed so get 4 hours pay. Get half a dozen of these in a day and your looking at 24 hours pay for a 12-14 hour day.

Obviously that doesn’t happen every day but during winter time that’ll be twice a week.

On the downside you can expect to be up to your armpits in crap every day and out late into the evening because your clearing up sites once everyone else has cleared off home.

Also you’ll need a ready supply of farmers who’ll take a load of plannings from you for a few quid during the summer and thick skin for sweeping main roads with 3 miles of irate traffic behind you during rush hour.

cheers
Neilf

tartanraider:
Didn’t one of the ex moderators have a spin at this (Steve)? Lots of hours parked up according to him feet up sawing wood… :wink:

yes he did do sweepers for quite a while :wink: :laughing:

pam

and if the machine breaks down…you gotta do it with a brush… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: