Jennings sleepers (erf a series)

does any one have any photos of the interior of a erf a series with the jennings ‘‘coffin’’ sleeper conversion ?

GAZ70:
does any one have any photos of the interior of a erf a series with the jennings ‘‘coffin’’ sleeper conversion ?

Hiya…GAZ70…If you go to the coffin sleeper cab site theres a interior of a S Jones B series sleeper towards the last page. you will
see the inside. There was no differance really between the finish of a A or B series. The B series was slightly wider.
the finish was pritty basic.
John

cheers mate.

3300John:

GAZ70:

Hiya…GAZ70…If you go to the coffin sleeper cab site theres a interior of a S Jones B series sleeper towards the last page. you will
see the inside. There was no differance really between the finish of a A or B series. The B series was slightly wider.
John

No different?? it was a completely different cab!! nothing like eachother what so ever. sure you aint thinking of the B and C series?

I agree - the TRIM FINISH (which was the comparison - not the pods themselves…) was no different in the Jennings pods for the A- & B-Series. Not the best, but for the period it was functional.

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

3300John:

GAZ70:

John

No different?? it was a completely different cab!! nothing like eachother what so ever. sure you aint thinking of the B and C series?

Hiya …You asked about the interior and i said they was about the same, as they are you did,nt ask the general shape i said the B series was
the width of the cab.there is no differance between a day cab and the coffin cab apart from the two panels rear of the door pillar.its the same
back panel cut to size and the same corner/window panels you just have the roof panel White coated hardboard and the plywood base.
The B series had larger windows the panels was differant colours the curtains was differant colours but in general they was both very similar finish.
John

3300John:

GAZ70:

John

coffin sleeper cab site? or thread do you mean? please to enlighten. thanks

GAZ70:

Sorry no pictures,however I do remember Brian Harris running such vehicles.

GAZ70:

Hello GAZ70
Here are a couple of photos of Bakers Transport with sleeper conversions on a LV ERF.Im not sure if these conversions were done by Jennings?

Regards R-Jacko.

THANKS FOR THE PIC’S R-JACKO,JUST SEEM TO STRUGGLE TO FIND ANY PICS SHOWING THE INTERIOR,PLENTY OF THE B-SERIES JENNINGS CONVERSION,BUT NONE OF THE A-SERIES :frowning:

Generally Jennings or Locomotors down in Andover did the sleeper extensions.

R-JACKO:

GAZ70:

Hello GAZ70
Here are a couple of photos of Bakers Transport with sleeper conversions on a LV ERF.Im not sure if these conversions ]

Regards R-Jacko.

Whats going on there, hub seal gone? as big as he is. i reckon even he couldnt undo the wheel nuts with that spider brace :smiley:
Also thats one hell of a Tv aerial on top of the cab :laughing:

Hi Gazzo
Speaking with a mate the other day, who may be able to help with the Jennings pics.
I’ve checked with him, he said it’s OK to contact him. His names Steve, his e.mail’s greenwoodeliver@aol.co
Cheers
Carl