James Booth Bolton Auction

Does anybody know what happened that such a large bulk haulage operation are giving up due to “operating costs”?
I take it they worked for one/several of the large quarry companies?
The fleet looks very fresh judging by the pictures in the trade mags and is anybody going to the auction as I would be interested in what prices the Volvo FM12’s fetch!!! :slight_smile:

They announced earlier this year that theywere packing up at the end of this year - but that seems to have been brought forward somewhat.

There was much speculation regarding driver retention, rates, etc. It would appear that they’ve taken the decision to sell up now before the backside fell out of the job completely and dragged the firm down with it.

Seen their motors all over,and I must say they have a very tidy fleet.

My guess is,that’ll reflect in the prices at auction.

Also…

jamesbooth.co.uk

Ken.

did anyone go to the auction last week fieldings/walkers up for sale ? Interested to see what they went for.

I only live round the corner from booths and to be honest they are not the highest payers around here and they only have them small fm’s so alot of lads steer clear of them. I think its paid per load and the rates per load are not very clever.

Checked out the website, its a small world I nearly bought one of their 2001 Fodens from Walkermovements when I was starting up in 2004!!!
They say they supply alot of road salt, I wonder if the past few mild winters have made this side of the business really slow and contributed to their high running costs :question:
Getting drivers for nights away in the low roof cabs was probably a problem as well :unamused: .

Did anyone go to the auction on Sat?
I would be interested in what the 03/04 Volvo FM12 units made?
Thanks.