It does n't get any easier!

I have several years experience as an hgv driver im over the magical age of 25 i have a psv licence and a hiab and forklift truck licence and still i can not find decent full time employment, still ahving to rely on agencies that promise the world but cant deliver and still get treated like a second class employee when i do some work for some people.

kemaro:
I have several years experience as an hgv driver im over the magical age of 25 i have a psv licence and a hiab and forklift truck licence and still i can not find decent full time employment, still ahving to rely on agencies that promise the world but cant deliver and still get treated like a second class employee when i do some work for some people.

I’m not surprised :exclamation: - asking for in-cab bunny girl waitress service in a brand new truck along with a 6 hour day paid at £25 per hour is going to limit your opportunities :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Kemaro,?

Are you willing to widen your range of going to get work?

We have 2 guys at our place who live out of our area, who travel in on sunday and stay all week, albiet in their truck.

A few years ago I knew a Leicester driver who travelled in his own car to the London area on a Sunday evening. He then slept in his cab overnight and went tramping all week - usually returning to Leicester on a Friday evening - late, so he missed the traffic.
He was single and could get better pay on the London rate.

Appreciate that travelling far to work has to be financially viable, but as an example, as a Sheffield based company, we have drivers living as far afield as Weston-S-Mare and Glasgow. The nature of our work though, means that the drivers can be away for 2-3 months at a time, and thats not to everyones liking.

i would be happy to work for a company that isnt based on my doorstop, i have looked further afield and said about my willingness to travel and do nights out but still no body seems to be interested. i know its hard times for evryone at the moment but surely somebody needs a driver.