Is this how the haulage industry works

hi guys, I want to throw this out and see what you s all think.im in Ireland and I was offerd some part time class 1 driving a few weeks ago with a haulage company about 30 mins away, just helping out a few days a week,ive really only done class 2 driving, and when I was offerd class 1 I jumped at the chance, it was very handy work had to go to the docks about 2 hours away drop a trailer pick another up and head home,very handy couple days I had…i was in a daf cf sp cab,notting fancy or any thing but a grand tidy lorry for starting of doing my first run in, its over 4 an half weeks ago from I done the work with them.i phoned the a number of times sence, and they wont answer the phone to me,im 28, at the moment, im not that worried about the money from them it’s the driving and the experience I needed,once I got the taste of it now I cant wate to get back out on the roads in the artics again. I no all industries is very quite over here in Ireland at the minute and im great full they even got in touch at all with me,but I just want to no what yous all think is this how the haulage industry works,taking on a young driver to full a hole, and not bother to pay him.and not bothering with again
thanks
:question:

you never got paid for what you worked,i would be going down to there yard/office,and finding out whats going on, or you could cut your losses and stay clear of them,your call :slight_smile:

Did you not agree a payment when you took the work on?

If they are only 30 minutes away I would take a ride up there and face them about it.

It does seem that there is a lot of working for nothing going on but usually with agencies.

i didnt call down yet,i didnt want to seem pushy,i wanted to holed out see if they would get back to me,i was not that worried about the money,to start with its the driving experience in need.i dint ask any question i just took the work :confused:

I don’t think it’s being pushy after waiting over a month for your money, put simply they’re taking the ■■■■

go round there and give them a piece of your mind…to be sure

Any decent company will tell you your expected basic wage anyway and tell you when you will get it paid,probably have a lying week to do anywhere like,unless they have went under or you are going to get paid monthly,did you give them bank details or is it cash,i wouldnt let it lie anyway,there might be an innocent expenation like they forgot about you,lost bank details and contact details,but it doesnt matter how desperate you were for experience,if you didnt hit anything you are experienced enough,an old saying goes like this “He who works for free is never idle”

didnt hit any thing,got there got back done every thing they asked 100 per cent,i no im well fit to drive the artics if only given the chance,if only more compaines think like you bigrig1 and give boys a chance, a lot of the big companies use the word experience as an excuse some time,s not to take on the younger boys some times.