Any irish hauliers take on drivers under 25?

As above im 25 in December, ive contacted a few places but been shot down as soon as I mentioned my age and told to call back as soon as im 25. I haven’t much experience either but I was told by one of the guys I contacted that they would be taking on lads at 18 if it wasn’t for the insurance companys so im just wondering should I wait for a few months and try again or is there an alternative.
any help appreciated, cheers in advance.

Im was in the same boat man, from getting my provisional to passing my class 1 and cpc. I done it in 3 months,

But when it came to finding a good haulier job its was a diffrent story,
No one will take on a class 1 driver untill thers two years on there licence,

I went to scotland and walked straight into class 1 flatbed work from the docks, but back in ireland there slim pickings, im just doing a little here and there till ive had my class 1 for 2 years then ive been guarnteed class 1 trampin work throughout uk and ireland,

A phone will be of much use as a chocolate teapot. Go out and visit these companies in person, if they have an application form online on their website fill it in and take it with you.

Like V8 Chris said, slim pickings. If you’re going to hire somebody, are you going to hire the person that rang up, or the guy who came in person?

thanks for the advice chaps and i will be going around the local hauliers this week with my c.v but i was just interested to find out if anyone knew of any places that had taken on lads in a similar position to myself, i went to a small transport company last week who were looking for a driver but they couldn’t insure me because im under 25 but they have kindly offered to send me out with one of there drivers for a few weeks to get an idea of how things work which i plan on doing but in the meantime im still on the hunt for a job.