New job, Got some questions

Hello all, I’m actively looking for a new job, and have been applying and attending interviews, been offered work now by 3 different haulage firms, one of the firms wants me to attend a day out with one of there drivers tomorrow, it’s class 1 wagon and drag hiab, hauling bricks and concrete etc, they gave me a pay sheet on what the drivers get and says you get "running home (Saturday) pay, and "running on Sunday pay. I think they did explain it to me at the interview but it went over my head can someone explain this if you know what it means? Also I have no class 1 experience it’s mainly class 2 work iv done so any wise advice will be appreciated.

Sounds like the drivers are on salary, if you have to run back to base on a Saturday morning you get extra pay for it, the same applies if you start a run on a Sunday.

as above!

normally a set amount either £££ our hours.

stinger:
Also I have no class 1 experience it’s mainly class 2 work iv done so any wise advice will be appreciated.

Its no big deal, really easy, just take it steady and you’ll be fine, the fact that they’ve given you the job must mean they see potential in you, great confidence boost :slight_smile:

personally I prefer artics to wag/drag but do find that wag drag follow much nicer.

Thanks lads appreciate the advice and Info, also to add I applied for a cash in transit job but they want me to start next month because of security clearance taking that long, went for another interview with a local window firm today after I just dropped my cv into them and they want me to start this Monday. Iv not long been out the army (months) and all the scare mongers telling me “there’s no jobs in civvie St” are quite frankly full of ■■■■, if anyone else is out there looking for haulage work there is defo jobs out here I have very little commercial experience and never job hunted in my life before and Iv only got half a brain cell and it seems to me that there is quite a lot of driving jobs (some well paid) out there.

stinger:
Iv not long been out the army (months) and all the scare mongers telling me “there’s no jobs in civvie St” are quite frankly full of [zb], if anyone else is out there looking for haulage work there is defo jobs out here I have very little commercial experience and never job hunted in my life before and Iv only got half a brain cell and it seems to me that there is quite a lot of driving jobs (some well paid) out there.

Not really fella it depends in what part of the country your in and what you want to do
Don’t put yourself down without anyone proving it 1st :wink:

Bloody hell Nick that yellow writing ain’t easy to read. :sunglasses:

That’s better you’ve changed it .

It is advisable to ratchet strap down the end of the grab crane when it is on the floor of the trailer or rear of the truck.
When loaded, the side doors or load will need to ratchet strapped.
Good luck with the new job,take it easy, if a place is going to shut, don’t rush, have a night out and load in the morning.
There are loads of friendly pubs with log fires, to have a nice meal and check out the posh totty.
Keep a diary of daily activities, this helps if somebody drove your truck and got a parking or speeding ticket.

bald bloke:

:grimacing: just woke up mate bloooody tablets knock me out all day :unamused:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

:grimacing:

Shines bright like his Halo :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

nick2008:

stinger:
Iv not long been out the army (months) and all the scare mongers telling me “there’s no jobs in civvie St” are quite frankly full of [zb], if anyone else is out there looking for haulage work there is defo jobs out here I have very little commercial experience and never job hunted in my life before and Iv only got half a brain cell and it seems to me that there is quite a lot of driving jobs (some well paid) out there.

Not really fella it depends in what part of the country your in and what you want to do
Don’t put yourself down without anyone proving it 1st :wink:

I understand that mate, I came out the army with 20 lads and 12 of them inc me all wanted to get into haulage and from all over the country and we have all found driving jobs, now I don’t know if that’s down to luck or there is a demand for hgv drivers. I just wanted to enlighten some folks on here’s who are looking for driving work that it seems to me and my mate that there is driving work out there.