Is there a Stobart depot in Scotland?

Does Stobart have any depots in Scotland, possibly Grangemouth, its just that ive seen a few of their motors parked up in Malcolms yard in Grangemouth, was just wondering if the motors are based there?

Stobarts have a small depot in coupar angus its an ex innovate depot, all i know about malcoms/stobart is that they have quite a few standing trailers at malcoms depot in newhouse.

But for a so called big company they almost have zero foothold in scotland

Yeah im surprised since its a so called big company that it doesnt at least have one depot in central scotland.

I was gona apply for a job but the nearest depot looks like carlisle! :open_mouth:

Stobarts Scottish depot is inside W.H. Malcolms yard at Newhouse next to the m8. There’s a few trampers based there and also day and night men who work off the trains at Grangmouth and Mossend.
The rail side is big in Scotland as a lot of loads now go by train from England.

I did once hear a rumour there a quite a few other transport companies that operate in the UK and even Scotland other than Stobarts :laughing: and some of these are apparently quite succesful and well known :smiley:

Stobart general haulage will never gain a major foothold in Scotland. Domestic hauliers, of whom there are more than adequate numbers, are always preferred

Although the chilled/frozen division has the potential to do quite well if new depots are placed in the correct areas.

And when Stobbies get their foot in the door in that sector they will spread like the plague.

Think they’ve got a depot in Perth as well as I saw a advert the other day for it wanting trampers

Isn’t Lockerbie in Scotland anymore than?

Stobart and AW Jenkinson ordered 1,000 new Scania trucks through a joint-procurement agreement,

Would think that the Perth depot is really Coupar Angus as its only 12 miles up the road .I often see their motors when I am in that part of the country.

jase:
Stobarts Scottish depot is inside W.H. Malcolms yard at Newhouse next to the m8. There’s a few trampers based there and also day and night men who work off the trains at Grangmouth and Mossend.
The rail side is big in Scotland as a lot of loads now go by train from England.

Thats good mate if they have an actual depot at newhouse, id b interested in tramping work from there, take it you just apply in the normal way and put newhouse in the depot box?

Wheel Nut:

Stobart and AW Jenkinson ordered 1,000 new Scania trucks through a joint-procurement agreement,

Lockerbie is AW Jenkinson’s yard which stobart use with some chipliners

bigdavidg:

Wheel Nut:

Lockerbie is AW Jenkinson’s yard which stobart use with some chipliners

Which must constitute a depot in Scotland

I was lead to believe that Stobart & Jenkinson were the same thing nowadays, re, the large Scania order, the bio mass trailers & the loggers for one thing

I stay in Coupar Angus and my old man works for Stobarts shunting.

to clear the Perth/Coupar Angus thing up, there is no depot in Perth, Coupar Angus is actually a chicken factory that Stobarts have the contract for. Im told they ‘hire’ the land. Its not a depot as far as other Stobarts depots go. No showers or anything. When it was Innovate (when my dad started with them) they had the same set up, pretty much just a place to park lorries and a couple of portacabins.

I think there are about 12 units and 30 trailers approx based there.

Yep!! It’s called Carlisle! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dessy:

Well it would have been if Robert the Bruce had managed to get inside the castle :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

Well it would have been if Robert the Bruce had managed to get inside the castle :laughing:

There is a long standing “Alliance” between Malcolms and Stobarts! Somewhat similar to Royal alliances of the past! :laughing:
Especially since the Norbert Deathstrangle buyups recently! And they both operate railfreight to Scotland!

dessy:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

There is a long standing “Alliance” between Malcolms and Stobarts! Somewhat similar to Royal alliances of the past! :laughing:
Especially since the Norbert Deathstrangle buyups recently! And they both operate railfreight to Scotland!

Malcolm is the Scottish version of Stobart…

dave_k:
Stobart general haulage will never gain a major foothold in Scotland. Domestic hauliers, of whom there are more than adequate numbers, are always preferred

Looks like they’re making a determined start, they just got the AG Barr contract, enough to make ya choke on ya Iron Bru !!!