Is the LEZ actually enforced?

Someone I know, ahem, that’s a good friend of mine has a Euro 2 motor on a Y plate which had a smoke test at VOSA in December 2007 to enable (ahem) :wink: him to take it into the LEZ, his colleague with a W reg was done at the same time.

Something I read the other day made me realise how the time is ticking away and it won’t be long until Euro 3’s are off limits too, then it occurred that the certificates issued by VOSA are time limited, and the two in question actually ran out at the end of October 2009. No reminder letters were issued about this and as no action is needed to enter the LEZ it got overlooked. No fine / charges have ever been recieved, yet between the two vehivles they have probably notched up 100 or more visits into the LEZ.

Now the issue has raised it’s head the vehicles will be tested at the earliest opportunity to put it right, but it does seem to make a mockery of the whole system.

Of course if they fail that might throw a bit of a spanner in the works, but I’m sure my (ahem) mate would be quit happy not to bother with London.

I’ve a V plate that has LEZ cert, it depends when they had there 1st LEZ test as the 1st 1 lasts 2 years then its anually thereafter. I have just bought a euro 3 which will be OK until Feb 2012 on paper but I’m lead to believe that Borris (Mayor Of London Village) has kicked into touch the large vans need fo an LEZ due to the recession. The goverment also have’nt as yet confirmed the emissions figures that LGV’s must meet for 2012 yet, I’m told this from Eminox who do particulate traps for LEZ approval. So summing up it may or may not happen IMHO or what you’ve got may be able to get in if they meet whatever the Goverment come up with figurewise. But I’m sure its enforced because its one big earner for Gordon & his crew & they sure need some income.

Crock Of ■■■■ comes to mind.

Fly sheet

I went into the LEZ with a euro3 motor on a private plate, over six months after it had been transfered from a euro2, and was sent an invitation to furnish their accounts department with a cheque for £200 :open_mouth: a quick phone call sorted the job out (surprisingly), apparently they only update their database occasionaly :unamused:

Big Joe:
I went into the LEZ with a euro3 motor on a private plate, over six months after it had been transfered from a euro2, and was sent an invitation to furnish their accounts department with a cheque for £200 :open_mouth: a quick phone call sorted the job out (surprisingly), apparently they only update their database occasionaly :unamused:

I am suprised firstly that it got sorted quickly & secondly the database being updated occasionally, a friend had 1 that had had a private plate plus an RPC & it took him ages to get them to sort it so he could go in. Does this mean Labour are getting things sorted!

Fly sheet

Does this mean Labour are getting things sorted!

Not by the fact they’ve missed my (ahem) mates pair of motors for 3 months. :laughing:

Best your “Mate” :slight_smile: cracks on with them, thinking on I got nada in the post about my V reg’s LEZ being up this time round, I tested it anyway but thinking on thats making it sound like no-ones giving a ■■■■ down in London Villages LEZ offices.

Fly sheet

I had a Y reg FM7 with a LEZ certificate that ran out on 1st January 2010. The certificate that said it was exempt had the last day in December 2009 as the official date of expiry. Yet if you put the details into the LEZ website it said that it ran out in October 2009. We ran it into London until the new year and would have used the certificate as an argument against any fines.

That said, we never heard anything. The other annoying aspect to the LEZ is the location check. On several occasions we had differing answers as to whether a location was inside the LEZ. On the map it would say one thing, yet if you searched on the postcode it would give you a different answer. We phoned Tfl to be told ‘oh yeah, we know there is a problem with the website, we must get round to fixing it!!’

We have one older vehicle and we just don’t send it into London, which fortunatley we don’t need to go into that frequently anyway. Anyway one time it is coming round the M25, near the Heathrow section and the motorway shuts and the driver circumvents it by running into London and up to the next junction. In due course we get a fine. We send it back explaining the circumstances never thinking they’d miss the chance to extract cash, but fair play we got a letter back from TfL saying that on this occasion they wouldn’t pursue it. Result!

Well it passed so all is well again. Just means London is still doable :frowning:

last summer we unusually brought one of our german partner’s (euro 5) trucks into glasshouse walk in SE1 to tip, and a week or so later they got a snotty letter in their office in germany, which was easily sorted but it suggests that it is enforced at least some of the time

I’ve just been talking about this on the phone to a mate of mine, he went in 2 weeks ago in an FH16 he knows where the camera is & forgot to swerve it. His LEZ has ran out some time ago & he’s heard nothing yet, having said that some other guy he knows went in in an FL6!!! & got a letter 3 days later saying he was spotted at said camera but would be let off as it was his 1st time. Me thinks if you’ve had an LEZ cert on a truck in date or not they leave you alone but if its never had 1 you get a warning 1st.

Fly sheet

fly sheet:
I’ve a V plate that has LEZ cert, it depends when they had there 1st LEZ test as the 1st 1 lasts 2 years then its anually thereafter. I have just bought a euro 3 which will be OK until Feb 2012 on paper but I’m lead to believe that Borris (Mayor Of London Village) has kicked into touch the large vans need fo an LEZ due to the recession.

Fly sheet

They done a “U Turn” on the vans, now they will be included. I think they’re worried about the air quality for the olympics.

Thanks for the update John, I’d be more concerned with where the jesus knows how many labourers that are working on the olympics are going for their next wage packet after 2012 if I was Bozzer not about the air quality.

Fly sheet

fly sheet:
Thanks for the update John, I’d be more concerned with where the jesus knows how many labourers that are working on the olympics are going for their next wage packet after 2012 if I was Bozzer not about the air quality.

Fly sheet

Back to poland/latvia/ukraine/brazil(delete as applicable) probly