Irish lisbon yes vote

Right then it is one each now when is the decider…I can now see why there are so many jokes about the Irish,still they have had a vote it is more than us the mugs of Europe got

Not just one vote Fuse but two! In fact they’d probably have had 100 votes if that was what it took to get the result the dirty, stinking, cheating conniving politician gits wanted.

Think it was Ken Livingstone who said ‘‘if voting changed anything they would abolish it’’.

How true that is,now we can all look forward to return of President Blair, lining his pockets at our expense

Jed

Just to counter balance the negativity - I think it’s brilliant. Hopefully Europe will have a chance to really work now. Exciting times.

switchlogic:
Just to counter balance the negativity - I think it’s brilliant. Hopefully Europe will have a chance to really work now. Exciting times.

you mean shaft us even more than before■■?

switchlogic:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Luke, do you mean that it is brilliant that Ireland voted yes cos its good for Ireland or that it now looks like the whole Lisbon treaty will now be ratified■■?

Finally, we, the British, are seemingly about to cease to exist as an indpendent nation, now we are one step closer to being a complete European state, WTF is exciting about that■■?

AND WHEN IS SOMEBODY GOING TO ASK US, THE BRITISH PEOPLE, WHAT WE THINK!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Irish voted " No" once If they had voted " No" again, they would have been made to vote again until they voted " yes". This is the new style face of democracy ( NOT) The Brits declared war against facism in 1939, do we now have to have another, to stop communism? Simplest word in the vocabulary " No! Non! Nein! Nicht !.. is it too bloody hard to undertsand? .

"We will fight them at the elections, we will fight them at the Chip shops, we will fight them on the Terraces, at the Supermarkets. We’ll fight them at the Custom’s houses and at the Channel tunnel! Never in the history of British peacetime have so many been ignored by so few! …- Winston Churchill
( Didn’t actually say any of this,but had he been sober enough - he probably would have!) :smiley:

I’m gonna try and stay away from an EU debate as my views are so amazingly far away from most on here it would be pointless, and I can’t be bothered with the vitriol that would be thrown my way.

But just to say it’s brilliant voted yes and brilliant that Lisbon will be ratified. I think the Irish people realised that without the EU their country would be bankrupt and it’d still take the majority of a working day to drive from Dublin to Cork!

switchlogic:
I’m gonna try and stay away from an EU debate as my views are so amazingly far away from most on here it would be pointless, and I can’t be bothered with the vitriol that would be thrown my way.

But just to say it’s brilliant voted yes and brilliant that Lisbon will be ratified. I think the Irish people realised that without the EU their country would be bankrupt and it’d still take the majority of a working day to drive from Dublin to Cork!

here here, who needs a national identity, were all europeans. and who needs to vote for our leaders (ie president in brussels) its much better that the people in power make all the decisions for us, we’d just get it all wrong anyway (like the republic in their 1st vote). Like Henry Kissenger said of the people of Chille when their elected government was overthrown by the US (and a puppet leader installed) “The issues are much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for”

Long live the BBC
Long live brainwashing
Long live Stalin

A small point Pete. Just because I’m very pro Europe doesn’t mean I’ve been brainwashed. Just as your anti Europe views doesn’t mean you’ve been brainwashed by News International and Associated Newspapers.

switchlogic:
… Just as your anti Europe views doesn’t mean you’ve been brainwashed by News International and Associated Newspapers.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Watch out Luke, with comments like that “Mandy” may just offer you a job in the EU dictatorship!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

pete904ni:
Long live the BBC
Long live brainwashing
Long live Stalin

I was getting a bit worked up as I read your post Pete.then I got to that last bit, and realised that you were doing a bit of Grade1 Irony. :laughing: :laughing: Spot on. I can,t say that I,m looking forward to spending the last years of my life being ruled by El Presidente Blair and his fat-arsed missus. :unamused: :unamused: They might as well have let Hitler win in 1939. I,d sooner have Adolf and Eva Braun than those 2 self-serving too-ats :angry: :angry:
The Mike Lewis post was another cracker. Winston would have been very proud to have seen his “Fight them on the beaches” speech , being up-dated for the present day :laughing: :laughing:

From a personal point of view. I can’t think of anything on a personal level, that being in the EU has improved.
For the many people I see, live with and work with, the EU has made them worse off and a more unhappy.

What annoys me,is that I’m not anti-european, I just hate the idea of a pan-european government.
But when you look at all the different european countries and their different cultures. How can you put them
altogether in a ‘bag’ and say they are all the same?

The real test of the EU, is what’s going on now in Afghanistan. If the EU was of any use, we would be 3/4 of
the way, to sorting out the problems there. But when it comes to the test, the whole thing fails.

The EU is only good for two things, collecting large amounts of taxpayer’s money and then wasting it !!
Having that power-mad idiot Tony Blair as president, would probably bring on,world war three. :imp:

switchlogic:

me too !!!

Have to agree with switchlogic. Although they can’t allow a war criminal to be president.

The Yes vote was won in this election by out and out “Scare Tactics” :imp:
The Irish people were told to vote Yes for jobs…well lets see them then.
When we voted No to the Nice treaty a few years ago,they ran it again until they got a Yes vote,and now the same again with the Lisbon treaty and all the Nice treaty done for us as far as I can see is open the gates to thousands of Africans and Eastern Europeans and we know how that turned out !

Denis F:

switchlogic:

me too !!!

Me three.

switchlogic:
‘…Hopefully Europe will have a chance to really work now…’

‘Really work’ as in being a grey-faced, un-elected, homogenist’s dream - as opposed to it having been both a wallet emptying mechanism & a noose around our necks to date?

switchlogic:
A small point Pete. Just because I’m very pro Europe doesn’t mean I’ve been brainwashed. Just as your anti Europe views doesn’t mean you’ve been brainwashed by News International and Associated Newspapers.

Fair enough being pro-europe, but I can’t understand how anyone can be pro rulers making themselves “commissioner” of an empire with ZERO input from anyone in the “community.” At least a 2 party dog and pony show lets us think we’re affecting change. And its mabye the reason that NO empire in history has stood the test of time, only these days we have state owned and controlled media to keep the semi-intelligent on side and to distract the masses who seem to think Man U beating Liverpool is worth taking to the streets for, but not a dictatorship foreign dictatorship being installed in their own country.

And if nothing else, why oh why is the european parliment not audited, EVER? Wonder what their is to hide… after all, all the ‘good’ governments in histroy keep little things like behind closed doors - after all we should serve the government, its not like they should serve US.

Give me the Magna Carta, Bill of Rights and Geneva Convention anyday over this UN/EU human rights crap. How much blood was shed for it just to be chucked in the bin because someone else is on a power trip.

EDIT- Please understand, I’m not having a go at you personally. I’m just trying to understand how anyone can look at history and think that the EU will work.

Buycrider:

pete904ni:
Long live the BBC
Long live brainwashing
Long live Stalin

I was getting a bit worked up as I read your post Pete.then I got to that last bit, and realised that you were doing a bit of Grade1 Irony. :laughing: :laughing:

Glad you liked it :laughing: :laughing: