Iran!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is happening to this site!
A lad just put’s some photo’s on of an Iranian truck that he’s suprised is coming to the Uk and it end’s up a thread about Irish terrorist’s.
Where’s the bloody relevance in that as it’s defeating me!
Personally i used to like seeing the Iranian truck’s in the Uk as they used to run some fine looking American truck’s but now i suppose spare parts are a little bit of a problem.

All US machinery has been banned in Iran since the Ayatollah. Mate of mine had pump go on a White years ago & had to be towed hundreds of miles to an airport to collect & fit it because thats the only way it could enter the country.

RELEVANCE :question: well ive got something to say :open_mouth: its still ok in some ‘drivers’ minds to refer to the Irish as PADDYS!, its soooohh 1970s and racist and insulting,now…if i or some-else was to use the other ‘P’ word about the iranian drivers,WELL id not only be kicked off the forum but probably recieve a visit from the local constabulary,christ ive just had a ‘liberal’ moment :blush: wont happen again.

chrisy boy:
RELEVANCE :question: if i or some-else was to use the other ‘P’ word about the iranian drivers,WELL id not only be kicked off the forum but probably recieve a visit from the local constabulary,christ ive just had a ‘liberal’ moment :blush: wont happen again.

Persians!!!..Whats wrong with that? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,oh i bet theres one or two of our more ‘liberal’ drivers whod find offence,oh well at-least i know it aint me its been the bloody world all along :wink:

ok this has kind of gone off topic since i last looked at it.

i was posting that it was a supprise to see someone from as far as Iran getting onto the ferry to go to England, it was not ment to start a slanging match about racism the Irish and or any other country

You guys should grow up

The past is the past and so it should stay… i mean jeeze us english and our empire we are no saints just as much as the Irish and there love of marzipan smelling products. Today and the future is what people should be concerned about learn from the past and stop slinging mud

routier:
i dont condone any terrorist activity nor anyone being killed but you seem to be casting your stones at the irish now, the english had no regard nor respect for any irish person in the 19th century

Jeez! :unamused: :unamused: How much longer do we have to keep beating ourselves up for over stuff that happened years ago? :imp: :unamused: :unamused:

If Iranian trucks want to come over here fine, I don’t see where the problem is as long as they are legal. :confused:

hammer:

routier:
i dont condone any terrorist activity nor anyone being killed but you seem to be casting your stones at the irish now, the english had no regard nor respect for any irish person in the 19th century

Jeez! :unamused: :unamused: How much longer do we have to keep beating ourselves up for over stuff that happened years ago? :imp: :unamused: :unamused:

No no no, it is vital that the Irish never forget that stuff about King Billy and the Battle of the Boyne that happened over three hundred years ago, and it is an essential part of their Island tradition that each side marches through the other side’s neighbourhood every year in undersized bowler hats or waving flags in order to commemorate their historic achievements over each other and rub their noses in it.

It would be nice to think that one day they could get over all of this, but it is “in them”, and it will still be long after all of us have gone. They are both as bad as each other.

In my opinion anyway.

And so on…

I think if we look back every country out there has either had a war, invaded and tortured some other country at some point, Look at the knights of st john which had many countries involved.

And there are very few people here that dont have mixed blood, i have Irish roots, and there are no true English anymore. People are not responsible for there governments decisions, look at Iraq!

So lets get back to the post that was put there in good faith and was overtaken by people who wanted to start an arguement over nothing. :frowning:

Nice pics thanks for that, never seen one before, now i know :smiley:

Probably the negative posts about Iranian truck drivers were posted by people who’s grandparents would never buy a Japanese TV or car or who still think the Germans eat children.

Iranian trucks were a common site in Antwerp docks and on the Aachen sud border for many years. I too have been helped out by a fellow driver while their colleagues made cay.

Good Pics though

Harry Monk:

hammer:

routier:

No no no, it is vital that the Irish never forget that stuff about King Billy and the Battle of the Boyne that happened over three hundred years ago, and it is an essential part of their Island tradition that each side marches through the other side’s neighbourhood every year in undersized bowler hats or waving flags in order to commemorate their historic achievements over each other and rub their noses in it.

It would be nice to think that one day they could get over all of this, but it is “in them”, and it will still be long after all of us have gone. They are both as bad as each other.

In my opinion anyway.

Sadly, Mr Monk, I think you are right about our cousins across the water. :frowning:

My main point is that WE should forget about whats gone on in the past and look to the future. Prime example, Ken Livingstone apologising for our part in the slave trade. :unamused: :imp: WTF has it got to do with that spineless amoeba? It happened, lets not forget it but lets move on, ffs!

Unfortunately, we British (and particularly the English) seem to like beating ourselves up about stuff that happened hundreds of years ago and which we (obviously) have no control. Give it a few years and Global Warming TM will be all our fault as well!!

cant argue wth moving on,but as far as ‘not buying jap tvs’ well i woudnt want to work the railways for them ‘buggers’ who can forget bridge over the river… oh and something else there PAL my grandfather (who’s irish)owns medals of distinction fighting to help keep britian great( [zb] before some people. )decided ikt be better we appoligise to the third world and …

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Edited for Personal Attack. Simon

the mods should fit one of these new intoximeters to his computer - blow more than the driving limit and it won’t log on :unamused: muppett :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chrisy boy:
cant argue wth moving on,but as far as ‘not buying jap tvs’ well i woudnt want to work the railways for them ‘buggers’ who can forget bridge over the river… (Kwai)]

I suppose anyone who wasn’t born when it was built in 1942 has got a fairly good chance of forgetting it. Or even not remembering it in the first place.

Or you could carry on hating Japanese people on the grounds of a film you watched one Boxing Day I suppose.

At the end of the day the Iranian truck was here to collect and/or deliver goods. Ever heard of global trade? import and export? it’s mutually beneficial. So I don’t really see why his presence here should make anyone uncomfortable.
I bet all his bashers thought all imports/exports to/from UK are containerised and only come in through the likes of Felixtowe and Tilbury.

chrisy boy:
cant argue wth moving on,but as far as ‘not buying jap tvs’ well i woudnt want to work the railways for them ‘buggers’ who can forget bridge over the river… oh and something else there PAL my grandfather (who’s irish)owns medals of distinction fighting to help keep britian great( [zb] before some people. )decided ikt be better we appoligise to the third world and …

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Edited for Personal Attack. Simon

Chrisyboy, you should ask Harry Monk if you can have his avatar, it seems more suitable! :wink: :smiley:

nah phsco-babbles for ‘liberals’ i much prefer the ‘big stick’,its amazingly good for sorting out so-called ‘social problems’ sure beats the lets all hold hands and ‘teach the world to sing’ brigade :wink: :smiling_imp: