Image hosted by Photobucket.com

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Excellent Pic’s :smiley:

Interesting pic’s

great pics :smiling_imp: :smiley:

The pics in the book are spot on, the only problem is that the books in Norwegian :blush: If theres anyone on here who can translate the whole book for me
then that would be great :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

excellent set of pics, thanx for sharing them

Nice pics nianiamh Theres nothing quite like the old Scanias

brs pensioner:
Nice pics nianiamh Theres nothing quite like the old Scanias

Welcome to Tnet BRS pensioner :smiley: .

Welcome to TruckNet UK brs pensioner :smiley:

Love the all the pics of the 70’s Middle East runs, seemed like a time that truck driving could be a real adventure. Love the pics of the Scania with its sump off, obviously a major rebuild in progress.

dam these are great pics :smiley::smiley:

Amazing Pics.

nianiam . I recognised the long nose double drive Mercedes. They were from Marand Transport ,Tehran. That was when the Shah was in power. Many ODs on that firm…The snap of the driver warming up the deisel was funny. Most drivers on that run ran with 30% petrol in the tank ( The DAFs could run on 50/50 ! ) If the diesel jellied We would carry spare filters Take the old one out fit the new one & away…The one with the jelly in it I used to put in a bowl on the cab floor & as I drove along with the heater on full the jelly would thaw out so when the new one froze just swap them. But that truck looks like he parked up over night with the engine switched off. The filter on the V8 Scania seldom froze when driving because it was fitted between the V to keep it warm while the enginge was running. The fuel was kept warm in the tank when the engine running because the pump would send warm fuel back to the tank by means of a return valve… Sack `im !! :laughing:

:smiley: Dont sack im after all. The truck is 110 straight six with the filter on the side. But he should never have turned off…ever!! :laughing:

Lovely set of pics.
I watched the DVD the other week of that firm,all that digging himself out of the sand using sand ladders!

KW And what was the camera man doing…■■? :smiley:

Brilliant pics.

harry:
KW And what was the camera man doing…■■? :smiley:

Probably the union wouldn’t allow him to give a hand :wink:

Same as those BBC bods in Destination Doha watching ‘Snowy’ dig himself out, that was staged too just to make it interesting!

• Harry, if you remember Marand Transport in Iran then you may also remember the Macks run by the Iran Container company (ICC) and another Iranian outfit called Shams Express, back in the Seventies. This picture is of two ICC Macks that I photographed in Istanbul in October 1972, I’ve posted it before in this Thread trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

This is a picture of the Tahir Pass in Eastern Turkey, it was posted some time time ago by KW in this Thread, trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5949 - but the images are not available anymore, fortunately I kept this one.
It was a dirt road at over 8000 feet at the summit that many have come to grief on over the years, I slid off it in 1971, but was very lucky and got towed back onto the road.

Sheeter Yes I remember ICC. They got themselves depots in Rotterdam & Saltzberg. There were a lot of UK boys working for them. The Iranians used to bring their families to the Austrian depot with them in those awfull little cabs. When they got to Austria the families would live in empty containers while the drivers went to work. They lived there for months because the firm belonged to the Shah & when he got kicked out the firm went bust…
I remember when Afghanistan got taken over by the Taliban there were two Afghan drivers in Basel with double drive DAFartics. They were owned by the Afghan goverment which no longer existed.By international law the trucks now belonged to the drivers who were free to plate them in Swiss,stay in the West & go trucking… But the lads drove them back empty to Kabul & were never heard of again…Probably lived happily after…

Hope you dont mind. Couldnt resist getting arty… :wink: