invertor question

Hi all, I have a 24v invertor, its a 300 watt one, the only problem is that the wires that run from the cig lighter to the invertor are becoming frayed, I have another invertor but im not sure if its 12v or 24v, what I need to know is that can i take the wires from that one and use it on the one with the frayed wires?

Just want to make sure because the last thing i want to do is risk setting fire to the truck.

Many thanks in advance.

set the cab on fire potter its only a magnum :laughing: then you might get a real truck :smiley: :smiley:

164480:
set the cab on fire potter its only a magnum :laughing: then you might get a real truck :smiley: :smiley:

How rude!! Theres nothing up with my magnum!!

I would buy some heaver 24v wire and rewire it if i was you because if you are not sure if the other one is 12v or 24 v you might have a wire thats getting a bit hot and setting fire somewhere mind you it would save on the night heater.
:laughing:

Potter:
Hi all, I have a 24v invertor, its a 300 watt one, the only problem is that the wires that run from the cig lighter to the invertor are becoming frayed, I have another invertor but im not sure if its 12v or 24v, what I need to know is that can i take the wires from that one and use it on the one with the frayed wires?

Just want to make sure because the last thing i want to do is risk setting fire to the truck.

Many thanks in advance.

if the cable is about the same thickness you should be ok. it need to be right for the ampage drawn.

i should imagine that all the wiring are the same as when they are the factory being made that the use to same diameter wire for all the inverters its just the inverter wattage thats different.

you know the old saying … try and see. :bulb:

Potter:

164480:

How rude!! Theres nothing up with my magnum!!

If you dont mind driving something thats named after an ice cream :laughing: