Internet access in Europe

Cant find any place convenient to park a truck nearby in France for net use.Seems only place is Andoiam truckstop in Baillen has an internet access.Could use net cafes in town centres,but restricted by delivery time.Any places in France and Spain to use net please?

Try

This gives a list of hotspots Europewide.
All Formule 1 hotels have it,so if you park near one,you get access.

I have a 3 Mobile Broadband Dongle for use in the UK only, but a friend of mine also has one and uses it abroad, and as long as you re on a “3” Network, then you get charged the normal UK rate… Never tried it myself but he swears by it. he cant use it in all countries, but i knw he certainly uses it in some of them… In fact he is on here, Dava is his username, drop him a PM and ask him…

BuzzardBoy:
I have a 3 Mobile Broadband Dongle for use in the UK only, but a friend of mine also has one and uses it abroad, and as long as you re on a “3” Network, then you get charged the normal UK rate… Never tried it myself but he swears by it. he cant use it in all countries, but i knw he certainly uses it in some of them… In fact he is on here, Dava is his username, drop him a PM and ask him…

Be very careful doing this. Make absolutely sure that you really are paying UK rates, as it’s too late if you find out after the event. For example, some of the UK networks charge the “international” rate even if you’re connecting to what appears to be the same company (e.g. T-Mobile UK vs T-Mobile Germany).

International rates can be astronomically more expensive than UK rates (my network charges 400 times as much for data transferred in Europe than in the UK).

On another mailing list that I run, there is one member (who used to be on TNUK) who accidentally downloaded an half an episode of Top Gear from BBC iPlayer whilst in Belgium, and was hit with a bill for £300.

If you’re going there frequently, you might be better off buying a pay-as-you-go stick in France and/or Spain.

McDonalds. Nearly everyone in europe offers free internet access.

As you go from Vitoria to Miranda de Ebro on the national just before you get to Miranda they have built a new logistical centre called Arasur, park up close to the hotel and you can connect free on their wi-fi

Vascoingles:
As you go from Vitoria to Miranda de Ebro on the national just before you get to Miranda they have built a new logistical centre called Arasur, park up close to the hotel and you can connect free on their wi-fi

Who’s on the waste ground opposite the sugar beat factory these days?
Babe or dog?

george3:

Vascoingles:

Who’s on the waste ground opposite the sugar beat factory these days?
Babe or dog?

the last time I went past no one

Recall that lady opposite the sugar beat factory in miranda de ebro,tall,long black hair,gaunt and thin face,drug user and most likely to be dead now from aids,or sida in spanish.There was a gypsy lady working further down town towards Burgos.Used to see loads of working ladies near Lleida,on the old national before you hit the town.

MrFlibble:
On another mailing list that I run, there is one member (who used to be on TNUK) who accidentally downloaded an half an episode of Top Gear from BBC iPlayer whilst in Belgium, and was hit with a bill for £300.

I did that! Watched half the top-gear with the wagons, and it cost me over 200 quid, and I was in Belgium at the time too!. The daft things you do when weekended lol. I got a Pay&go stick from voda-germany, which while it meant I couldn’t easily get the i-player tv from krautland, did make life far more pleasant in Germany. The stick and 6 months use cost me less than 45 mins did on the i-player with my UK stick :laughing:

(German stick is in the for-sale section in case you’re interested)

If you at Frechen truckstop park as near to the old restaurant as possible and scan for B&B hotel, you have to register but it is free and you get internet at any of their hotels with a password they send to your mobile phone.