Wifi hotspots ihn truckstops?

are they commonplace in euroland (particularly Spain, France, Italy, Holland and Germany) ■■

gonna be o/seas for 8 weeks and so it’ll be my easiest way of using tinternet you see.

ta.

They are in some motorway service areas, not sure about truckstops. I’ve used them in service areas in Germany, France, Belgium and Holland. In some of the very large French MSA’s they have specific areas of the parking signposted as having WiFi available. In the other countries you usually need to get into the building to connect although in some it is possible to connect if you grab a parking space close to the building.

are they open access or require something akin to a BTopenzone card?

The ones I used you could buy time with your credit card or buy scratch cards from the till with an access code.

I stumbled across a superb free wifi spot the other day at a ‘truckstop’ off the Remicourt junction on the E40 between Leuven and Liege…

I think its an IDS fuel stop with a rather poorly attended but pretty good restaurant on site. Place seemed to be full of Czechs, Poles and Hungarians who just use the free showers and toilets but nothing else.

Really quick wireless access that was completely free to use though :smiley:

Go in the restaurant and check out the parrots and give the poor buggers that run it some custom if you stop there though.

Located HERE

link shortened…Denis F