Internet

Just need a bit of info/advice about using internet in continent… Is there a lot of free wi-fi hotspots or do you guys buy some kind of prepaid dongles…? And if buying those dongles, which operators are best/cheapest in different countries…? Been trying to find some info but thought that it’s better to ask from the ‘professionals’.

I spend a lot of my time in France in my little sprinter and have found that all Macdonalds in france hae free WIFI which is easy to connect to Maccy D’s in Germany is free as well but is a pain in the arse to connect to.

Dongle wise I only have the one for France, its from Orange and tbh they are not as good value compared UK Dongles, for 35euros I get 12hrs of internet time where as in the UK i can get a month for less then that.

glen

I never pay to connect when over the water but generally find a free hot spot at least a few times a week, there aren’t many around truck parks, but quite a few service areas offer free wifi, and as has been said McDonald’s is good, when you find one mark it on your map and in no time you will have places all over Europe where you know you can connect to to a network

The best offer in Germany at the moment is Aldi “Web and Walk”

You can buy in all Aldis a “dongle” 49,95€

and the Aldi talk starter pack for 12,50€ with 10,00€ credit

flat rate is 1,99€ 24hrs or 14,99€ 30 days

Geoff

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55658
this is one to read

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55365
and this is another

try searching the forum with the box near top left there might be some more :smiley: :smiley: