Insufficent weekly rest?

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:
This defines a day for the regs - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115999

Please explain exactly how that post legally defines a “day” for the regulations drivers work to today.

Are we carrying on here or on that new thread on the matter?

I haven’t even completely read the other post, but you’ve made a bold statement in this thread saying that the other post defines a “day” for the regulations, so I’ve asked you to explain how it does.

I don’t care in which thread you explain this nonsense about how many “days” you can work.

tachograph:

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

Please explain exactly how that post legally defines a “day” for the regulations drivers work to today.

I haven’t even completely read the other post, but you’ve made a bold statement in this thread saying that the other post defines a “day” for the regulations, so I’ve asked you to explain how it does.

I don’t care in which thread you explain this nonsense about how many “days” you can work.

Mike C found and quoted it on the other thread - not me

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

Mike C found and quoted it on the other thread - not me

But you said that it “defines a day for the regs”, and I’m curious as to how you’ve come to that conclusion so quickly.

Mikes post is quite long and is looks like it’s going to take some studying of various court cases for a reasoned discussion, so I’m curious as to how you’ve come to the conclusion that it “defines a day for the regs” :confused:

The term “day”, within the meaning of Regulation (EEC) No 3820/85 and of Regulation No 3821/85,
must be understood as equivalent to the term “period of 24 hours”, which refers to any period of that
duration which commences at the time when the driver activates the tachograph following a weekly or
daily rest period.

ROG:

The term “day”, within the meaning of Regulation (EEC) No 3820/85 and of Regulation No 3821/85,
must be understood as equivalent to the term “period of 24 hours”, which refers to any period of that
duration which commences at the time when the driver activates the tachograph following a weekly or
daily rest period.

Which as far as I can see is completely irrelevant to todays regulations, and as you’ve said in another thread serves no purpose other than to confuse things.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115999&p=1781438#p1781544

tachograph:

ROG:

daily rest period.

Which as far as I can see is completely irrelevant to todays regulations,

Tell the EU law commision or whatever it is to get it off their list of Judgements then , they’ve got it all wrong. :laughing:

Mike-C:

tachograph:

ROG:

daily rest period.

Which as far as I can see is completely irrelevant to todays regulations,

Tell the EU law commision or whatever it is to get it off their list of Judgements then , they’ve got it all wrong. :laughing:

The EU commission have a list of European Court Judgements but I’m not sure it’s intended to be relevant to todays rules in road transport though, blimey some of them cases go back to the 70s :wink:

tachograph:

Mike-C:

wildfire:
its not days its 24 hour periods and he has only done 6 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Says who?

Says the regulations.

Here’s a fun quiz for you both. I’m sure you’ll nail it dead easy, i’ll make it multiple choice :laughing:

The regulations say you should enter your finish location…
[A] At the end of a 24 hour period.
After 24 hours.
```c
** At the end of a Daily Working Period.

The OP would of had to do one of the above how many times…
[A] 1
[B] 7
[C] 6

So, how many times should the OP have entered his finish location and when did he do it ? :laughing:**
```

C and B.

Is there a prize :smiley:

To be honest I hadn’t noticed that Mr wildfire had put 6 :blush:
But it is 24 hour periods not days :smiley:

LOL ! Tacho i don’t even know what day it is at the best of times :laughing:

I think the heats got to me, the OP has indeed done less than six 24 hour periods as Mr Wildfire said, ie less than 144 hours :unamused: :smiley:

tachograph:
I think the heats got to me, the OP has indeed done less than six 24 hour periods as Mr Wildfire said, ie less than 144 hours :unamused: :smiley:

Go read them Judgements again, absorb and understand them. :laughing:

Mike-C:

The Sarge:

viking7000:
Fact is you cant do seven days. End of.

Fact is you CAN do seven days. End of.
FTFY :unamused:

Here we go, another expert (after the event !!) :smiley:

Saw the post and replied. Then read the rest of the thread - you and Rog having another lover’s spat :wink:

mac12:
Above are 2 posts out of 8 that are wrong but corrected by others, then drivers wonder why we need dcpc training.

Oh how true!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :unamused:

shep532:

mac12:
Above are 2 posts out of 8 that are wrong but corrected by others, then drivers wonder why we need dcpc training.

We need to have an assessment process before we need any required training for those that need it

ROG:

shep532:

mac12:

We need to have an assessment process before we need any required training for those that need it

I’ll agree with you. I would love to see the introduction of assessment/testing that then determines whether or not training is required. I’d be a big fan of that. However - from examples on this very forum - if we use what is posted on here as an assessment then there appears to be more require the training than don’t.

Everybody knows the names of those that can quote the actual rules and can count that list of names on their fingers - you would however need a calculator to add up those that don’t know the ‘actual’ rules.

I’d also very much like to see the same for all holders of Operator/Manager CPC. There’s nothing I like more than running a Two Day Transport Manager Refresher Course and starting with a test or written activity to see what they ‘don’t’ know :smiley:

Hi all,

Am new to the forum. Have come across this thread and was susprised but the out come. Had always understood it that i could only work 6 six straight.

But if i understand what has been said that i could finish on the seventh day as long as i have finished by the time i started on the monday?

lee

leegti6:
Hi all,

Am new to the forum. Have come across this thread and was susprised but the out come. Had always understood it that i could only work 6 six straight.

But if i understand what has been said that i could finish on the seventh day as long as i have finished by the time i started on the monday?

lee

Thats not right Lee. Roughgly, without getting all technical…you can work 7 shifts straight if you can squeeze them into six consecutive days. But you almost certainly couldn;t go Monday to Monday, you’ll need at least a day off.

leegti6:
Hi all,

lee

You can’t work 7 consecutive days as such, but you can do some work on 7 consecutive days.

The maximum time between weekly rest periods is six 24 hour periods (144 hours), so as long as you start a new weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the last weekly rest period you’re OK to do some work on 7 consecutive days.
If for instance if your working week started at 12:00 Monday your last shift would have to finish no later than 12:00 Sunday , then you’ve done some work on 7 consecutive days but not gone over the 144 hour limit.

I have to say though that in my opinion doing work on 7 consecutive days would generally mean a crap shift pattern.

Mike-C:

leegti6:
Hi all,

lee

Thats not right Lee. Roughgly, without getting all technical…you can work 7 shifts straight if you can squeeze them into six consecutive days. But you almost certainly couldn;t go Monday to Monday, you’ll need at least a day off.

Think you miss understood what i was saying. Was trying to say that i’d work monday to saturday and then finish working on Sunday but fininshing before i started on monday. So if i started at 11am on monday morning i’d need to be finished by 11am on Sunday?