Insufficent weekly rest?

helloa ll, got a question that i think i already know the answer too but need it confirming please
i got stuck out last night on the M6 ran out of hours and had to run in this morning, thing is ive now worked 7 days straight, here the pattern

i worked mon-fri the previous week then covered the sunday for someone

so ive worked this week and ill include last sunday

Sunday 1200-1900
Monday 600-1700
Tuesday 600-1800
Wed 500=1700
thurs 400-1700
fri 330-1830
sat 330-500

i start again on monday at 500 is there anyway i can compensate this week to avoid an infringement, im not to fussed if i cant coz i wasnt weekending on stafford with no night out gear but i know vosastapo are gunna bum me dry whne they get me

You are allowed to work seven days straight provided that you start your weekly rest no later than 6x24 hours after you finished your last one, so you could have worked until 1159 today.

what time did you finish the previous Friday and how many hours off did you do? :sunglasses:

forget that you will have 48 hours off this week so can’t see a problem

Looks ok to me. Did you have 45 hrs before you started on Sun? You may even get 45 hours this weekend depending when you start on Mon. Only 2 reduced rests in the week as well.

Fact is you cant do seven days. End of.

viking7000:

here we go again as long as he was finished by 12,00 today he is perfectly legal, know the rules before posting crap :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

its not days its 24 hour periods and he has only done 6 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Sorry, just reread that you starting at 5 on Mon so 48 off so 3 hrspare to use as comp for your reduced daily rests. Only enough for one of them though

viking7000:

its perfectly legal to work seven days, end of
its no wonder the English ousted the Vikings if this is how thick Vikings are :smiley:

Steevo:
Sorry, just reread that you starting at 5 on Mon so 48 off so 3 hrspare to use as comp for your reduced daily rests. Only enough for one of them though

no compensation required for daily rest anymore, rules changed in 2007 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Above are 2 posts out of 8 that are wrong but corrected by others, then drivers wonder why we need dcpc training.

no compensation required for daily rest anymore, rules changed in 2007 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
[/quote]
. Oops, come to think of it I remember that now! I haven’t had a reduced rest for 17 years now so should not really be giving advice!

Here is a screenshot from my own tachograph analysis software.

As you can see, I had an infringement on the 31st (when I was held up in traffic and was late starting a break).

However, I worked every day from the 2nd to the 14th, 13 consecutive days, and as you can see there is no infringement.

mac12:
Above are 2 posts out of 8 that are wrong but corrected by others, then drivers wonder why we need dcpc training.

the sad thing is that people like Viking has probably done his dcpc but still hasn’t got a clue what he’s talking about :smiley:

mac12:

So how does 35 hours in the class room with no requirement to include hours regs help?

wildfire:

Steevo:

+1 now try and tell my boss that :imp: :imp:

bazstan009:

mac12:

So how does 35 hours in the class room with no requirement to include hours regs help?

from September they will be changing the way the dcpc is done. they will include all the things a standard driver should know and do plus you can then do another bit to it like 1st aid, fork truck training, hiab, adr. as a new driver from next week when I do my 5th classroom session I will get my card back with a end date 2022 (a new driver now could get a card with 10 years on it) do mod 2 and 4 then sit 35hours = 10 year card, aka ■■■■ take out of dcpc rules but that just needs addressing.

copied from 2007 rules

Harry Monk is bang on right

Weekly rest periods
A driver must start a weekly rest period no later than at the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from
the end of the last weekly rest period.
A regular weekly rest period is a period of at least 45 consecutive hours.
Note: An actual working week starts at the end of a weekly rest period, and finishes when another
weekly rest period is commenced, which may mean weekly rest is taken in the middle of a fixed
(Monday to Sunday) week. This is perfectly acceptable — the working week is not required to be
aligned with the ‘fixed’ week contained in the rules, provided all the relevant limits are complied with.
Alternatively, a driver can take a reduced weekly rest period of a minimum of 24 consecutive hours.
If a reduction is taken, it must be compensated for by an equivalent period of rest taken in one block
before the end of the third week following the week in question. The compensating rest must be
attached to a period of rest of at least 9 hours — in effect either a weekly or a daily rest period.
For example, where a driver reduces a weekly rest period to 33 hours in week 1, he must compensate
for this by attaching a 12-hour period of rest to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of
week 4. This compensation cannot be taken in several smaller periods.
In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:

• two regular weekly rests; or
  • one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest.
    A regular weekly rest is a period of rest of at least 45 hours’ duration.
    A reduced weekly rest is a rest period of at least 24 but less than 45 hours’ duration.
    Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week

i worked mon-fri the previous week then …
What time did you finish on Friday?

SAT OFF = reduced weekly rest for last week (unless you have a regular on the weekend before which can be used for this week ■■?)
Sunday 1200-1900
Monday 0600-1700
Tuesday 0600-1800
Wed 0500=1700
thurs 0400-1700
fri 0330-1830
sat 0330- 0500
SUN OFF = regular weekly rest (sat 0500 to mon 0500 = 48 hours)
i start again on monday at 0500

Do I have all those times correct?

yeah spot on rog the week previous i worked till 1700 on the friday so thats a reduced if im right , then i worked all these times till yesterday, the week previous i had a regular weekly rest

viking7000:

oh yes you can! :smiley: start mon 04:00 hrs finish by sun 04:00 hrs = 6 x 24 = 144 hrs plus 24 hours = 168 hours = one WHOLE week! :sunglasses: legally work every calendar day and have 45 hours off = 23:00 hrs sun finish 02:00 hrs sat morning :grimacing: lots of hours! You can do six nights out and run in on the SEVENTH day as long as you’re done by the same time as you started six days previous! :laughing: confused■■? :open_mouth: take DCPC on TACHO RULES! Lol :laughing: