Insufficent weekly rest?

My apologies. I misread the start time op posted. My phone screen is pretty crazed. As you lads correctly state he did not encroach into a 7th 24 hr period.
Is there really any need for the bitchy comments from some though?

viking7000:
My apologies. I misread the start time op posted. My phone screen is pretty crazed. As you lads correctly state he did not encroach into a 7th 24 hr period.

Don’t doubt yourself. He did indeed encroach into a 7th 24hr period. A 24 hour period begins when the driver inserts his chart recording work after a daily or weekly rest, in this case he’s done it 7 times.
The regulations say you should take a weekly rest after no more than 6 24hour periods.
VOSA say these 24 hour periods (in this case) are one long consecutive run of 144 hours, and infact do not start when you insert your driver card on a daily basis. VOSA says they run from the end of your last weekly rest.
Confusing eh? :laughing:

Mike-C:

viking7000:

Don’t doubt yourself. He did indeed encroach into a 7th 24hr period. A 24 hour period begins when the driver inserts his chart recording work after a daily or weekly rest, in this case he’s done it 7 times.
The regulations say you should take a weekly rest after no more than 6 24hour periods.
VOSA say these 24 hour periods (in this case) are one long consecutive run of 144 hours, and infact do not start when you insert your driver card on a daily basis. VOSA says they run from the end of your last weekly rest.
Confusing eh? :laughing:

There are two separate rules which have absolutely nothing to do with each other

The first is the rule for daily rest which refers to a 24 hour period
The second is for weekly rest which refers to 6 periods of 24 hours = 144 hours

What some do is to assume that the first rule refers to the second getting themselves all confused

Take each rule in separately and see if it has been complied with - without adding on things which are not in the regs

The rules were written in that way for weekly rests because using the word day could be misinterpreted and using 144 hours can be difficult for some to work out
Using the term 6 x 24 hours periods is easier because most can work that out as starting at X o’clock on Monday means that 6 x 24s later is the same X o’clock on sunday

ROG:
[
The rules were written in that way for weekly rests because using the word day could be misinterpreted and using 144 hours can be difficult for some to work out
Using the term 6 x 24 hours periods is easier because most can work that out as starting at X o’clock on Monday means that 6 x 24s later is the same X o’clock on sunday

Oh right. Its a shame that they had to complicate things even further then and actually qualify that for the regulations, the term “day” must be the same as 24 hours, and that is ANY period comencing the end of a daily or weekly rest period. They should of just said for this rule or that rule its different, for those who can’t add up of course !! :laughing:

Mike-C:

ROG:
[

Oh right. Its a shame that they had to complicate things even further then and actually qualify that for the regulations, the term “day” must be the same as 24 hours, and that is ANY period comencing the end of a daily or weekly rest period. They should of just said for this rule or that rule its different, for those who can’t add up of course !! :laughing:

If they used the word DAY then they would need to define it because to many a DAY is 0000 to 2400 or it could mean to some from when they wake to when they sleep - the sleeping but would be NIGHT !!
Gets confusing when something is not defined

An hour does not need defining for most :laughing: so using hours makes more sense

soo, did i drop a bollock or am i ok :slight_smile:

Plugster:
soo, did i drop a bollock or am i ok :slight_smile:

You are legal = ok

nice one ROG you da man :slight_smile:

ROG:
If they used the word DAY then they would need to define it because to many a DAY is 0000 to 2400 or it could mean to some from when they wake to when they sleep - the sleeping but would be NIGHT !!
Gets confusing when something is not defined

The term “Day” within the regulations is defined. There’s no confusion in the regulations.

Mike-C:
The term “Day” within the regulations is defined.

Please quote that definition

ROG:

Mike-C:

I did , just a few posts above.

Mike-C:

ROG:

Mike-C:

I did , just a few posts above.

where? - If anyone else can see it then please quote Mikes post

For the benefit of the OP you’ve been given the correct advice, you’re good to go.
To carry on the discussion with ROG , as he likes this stuff, and i do myself !!! I’ll start a new thread.

viking7000:
Fact is you cant do seven days. End of.

Fact is you CAN do seven days. End of.
FTFY :unamused:

The Sarge:

viking7000:
Fact is you cant do seven days. End of.

Fact is you CAN do seven days. End of.
FTFY :unamused:

Here we go, another expert (after the event !!) :smiley:

wildfire:
its not days its 24 hour periods and he has only done 6 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Says who?

A tramper driver starts the first shift after a weekly rest at noon on a Monday

That driver does 6 (or more) shifts and finishes at noon the following sunday

That period covers 7 calendar days

The driver has complied with the max 6 x 24 hour (=144 hour) rule for what can be done between weekly rests

The driver has worked on all 7 days of the week so it could be said that driver has worked on 7 consecutive days which would be true

This defines a day for the regs - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115999

ROG:

Please explain exactly how that post legally defines a “day” for the regulations drivers work to today.

tachograph:

ROG:

Please explain exactly how that post legally defines a “day” for the regulations drivers work to today.

Are we carrying on here or on that new thread on the matter?

Mike-C:

wildfire:
its not days its 24 hour periods and he has only done 6 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Says who?

Says the regulations.