Insufficent weekly rest?

tachograph:

leegti6:
Hi all,

Am new to the forum. Have come across this thread and was susprised but the out come. Had always understood it that i could only work 6 six straight.

But if i understand what has been said that i could finish on the seventh day as long as i have finished by the time i started on the monday?

lee

You can’t work 7 consecutive days as such, but you can do some work on 7 consecutive days.

The maximum time between weekly rest periods is six 24 hour periods (144 hours), so as long as you start a new weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the last weekly rest period you’re OK to do some work on 7 consecutive days.
If for instance if your working week started at 12:00 Monday your last shift would have to finish no later than 12:00 Sunday , then you’ve done some work on 7 consecutive days but not gone over the 144 hour limit.

I have to say though that in my opinion doing work on 7 consecutive days would generally mean a crap shift pattern.

Thank you. understand that now.

leegti6:
So if i started at 11am on monday morning i’d need to be finished by 11am on Sunday?

Yes - to comply with the 144 (6 x 24) hour rule

There are then the other weekly rest rules to be complied with

Some help please chaps.
Now the busy period is amongst us, I am starting to do overtime on a Saturday morning, don’t normally bother but at double time can’t knock it back.
Anyway,am I taking enough rest/driving legally?
My weekly duty is
09.30-19.30 approx,Monday to Friday with 45 break each day.
Overtime is 07.00-13.00 on a Saturday .This starts on Monday 1 Dec until xmas eve.
Our elfin safety bloke is looking into driver’s hours and wtd (nothing better to do probably)
I appreciate any help.

Peaky Blinder:
Some help please chaps.
Now the busy period is amongst us, I am starting to do overtime on a Saturday morning, don’t normally bother but at double time can’t knock it back.
Anyway,am I taking enough rest/driving legally?
My weekly duty is
09.30-19.30 approx,Monday to Friday with 45 break each day.
Overtime is 07.00-13.00 on a Saturday .This starts on Monday 1 Dec until xmas eve.
Our elfin safety bloke is looking into driver’s hours and wtd (nothing better to do probably)
I appreciate any help.

You’re having 44½ hours weekly rest it should be 45 hours.

You cannot legally do that every week until Christmas (3 consecutive weeks), you need to have an extra half hour weekly rest to make it up to 45 hours at-least every second week.

Assuming you’ve had a 45 hours weekly rest period this weekend, you need to have a 45 hour weekly rest period on the weekend of 13th/14th December, you should be OK then.

Thanks for the swift reply.
I will of had more than 45 hrs rest this weekend, come Monday.
What I forgot to mention is that I will be driving a no-tacho van on the 3 Saturdays.If that changes matters.

Peaky Blinder:
Thanks for the swift reply.
I will of had more than 45 hrs rest this weekend, come Monday.
What I forgot to mention is that I will be driving a no-tacho van on the 3 Saturdays.If that changes matters.

Legally it doesn’t change anything.

In order to stay within the regulations you’re supposed to record work done on none driving days as other work, so it doesn’t affect your weekly rest period in any way whatsoever, your weekly rest period runs from when you finish work at 13:00 Saturday until you restart work at 09:30 Monday, and that’s only 44½ hours I’m afraid.

Thanks very much for your help, that puts my mind at rest…for 45 hours at least. :laughing: