Inerlaken Truck & Country festival

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to this festival next summer. trucker-festival.ch/sites/news.php
and have a question.
Firstly, most of the group will be show trucks (of differing calibre) registered as Private HGV, however, one of the trucks hoping to go, is registered on a Standard National Operators Licence. Although this trip is for pleasure only purposes, will this cause a problem?

Not if its empty ( I think ? ) :unamused:
But its not until next year ?

It will be empty on the way out, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be full of diesel on it’s return. :laughing:
That brings up another question.
My Peterbilt holds around 1760 litres of diesel. Can I bring it back into the uk full?
Sorry if this is a daft question, but I don’t usually do foriegn. :smiley:

AS regards your Peterbilt you are allowed to carry 1500 liters of fuel ,this is
however only allowed to be carried as follows without haveing the problem of ADR–HAZ REGULATIONS – 1x 900 +1x600 , you are not allowed to have --or carry in any one TANK more than 999 LITERS of fuel, ALSO do not have too much fuel in your tank when you come out of SWITZERLAND as they can fine you for haveing more than 200liters SWISS not being in the EU; GET the truckfestival
organisers to help you out as you will have to pay swissroad tax when you drive on their roads as well as maut in germany, there is a site for the swiss onthe useful points forum,

So…fill right up on the way home in Lux. The Swiss are going to double their road tax next year. // Swiss outfits pay their road tax every six months but because they have to pay it even if the truck is sitting in the yard they are going bust just before the deadline there for saving around £6K. & next year it doubles.The people who think this tax is a good idea are the local Green Party maniacs who have never had to make a profit on anything.
PS. Peterbilt ? Not Titch ,is it ?

brit pete:
you are allowed to carry 1500 liters of fuel

Slightly sidetracking . . . . . . .

How come there’s so many trucks for sale (the latest copy of CM has at least 3!) that claim to have anything (above 1500) up to 1800 litre tanks??

I can only assume it is illeagal to carry more than 1500 litres, but nobody said you had to actually fill the tanks to the top??!! :confused: :wink:

Is it different if it is a Haz load anyway and therefore already running under ADR Regs??

Thanks for the info guys,

brit pete:
AS regards your Peterbilt you are allowed to carry 1500 liters of fuel ,this is however only allowed to be carried as follows without haveing the problem of ADR–HAZ REGULATIONS – 1x 900 +1x600 , you are not allowed to have --or carry in any one TANK more than 999 LITERS of fuel

:question: Is this 1500 ltr limit restricted to mainland europe or should I be aware of it in the UK as well:?: As for the tanks, I have 2 x 480 ltrs and 2 x 400 ltrs, I guess this configuration would be ok?!

harry:
So…fill right up on the way home in Lux.

That would seem like a plan. :smiley:

harry:
PS. Peterbilt ? Not Titch ,is it ?

:open_mouth: Not in ANY way! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just asking, :laughing:

your tank sizes are okay, the free allowance for fuel is 1500 liters ,i belive this is laid down from the EU;
WHEN you have a tank with 1000 liters of fuel this is the level in which the rules for ADR-HAZ come into force and you need all the relevant licencesADR and papper work which will include trem.cards ,cmr etc etc it is not worth the hassel, you could of course fill all tanks up when on yourway
home and by the time you reach the docks you should have used quite abit.
and yes this is for all EU countrys ,the 1500 limit,

Tramper have just found this report look at the German post this will
show that since Augest 2005 the 200liters limit was dropped for vehicles comeing out of Swiss

fedemac.com/_pdf/e-news-issue-6.pdf

sorry for giveing false info before,

Thanks Pete, that will make the trip a little easier.

Regarding your visite to Trucker festival, i will check with the organisator if you can get some kind of invitation. this will avoid you to pay any tax to go to Intelaken. I know its possible for oldtimer truck!
But of course you want be ollowed to load goods in CH.

You will find all the photos of the 2006 edition in my website www.toprun.ch

regarding the diesel you can find in Switzerland big difference of price from one area to other! petrol station on the freeway use to be more expensive

keep on trucking

Thanks very much! :smiley: It looks like there will be around 6 trucks in all, 2 x Peterbilt 352’s, 1 x Peterbilt 352H, 1 x White Road Commander, 1 x Kenworth K100 Areodyne and a Kenworth W900 Largecar, all show trucks, some with trailers, but none will want to load anywhere.
Any asssistance would be vey much appreicated.
I’ll PM you with my contact details. :smiley: