Indulge me....

…just this once, since I’ve never been in a position to gloat before… :blush:

After a week in a demo-Stralis followed by another fortnight in one of our other driver’s motor, I cleared my kit out before my week off with a heavy heart…

…As a relative newcomer to the firm (only one guy newer than me, in fact) I know I’m fairly low down the foodchain when it comes to what I wind up with once all the Eurotechs have gone back (which they did last Friday); the new Mercs arrived (to join the new Volvos and Stralis’); and the good older motors snapped up (2x XXL TG-As on 03 plate, 1x XL Gobstopper on 02 plate, 1x Megaspace Merc on 03 plate)…

…In fact it was looking fairly inevitable that I would have to kiss goodbye to Stralis heaven once and for all and start working out how to cram my rather excessive kit into an ordinary-cab (although admittedly high-roof) Actros… :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So, as you can imagine, I was extremely chuffed to find out that…

I GET TO KEEP THE 03-PLATE STRALIS[/b] :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Even better, I dropped in this afternoon to see what I’ve got tomorrow/ maybe for 2 days/ a week if I’m lucky, fully expecting to have to hop into yet another temporary wagon - “The world’s least organised long-term contract-hire changeover” is still in full disaster-mode, with more demos/rental lorries than a Truckfest main drag plugging the multiple gaps in the fleet, and changes every couple of days :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :confused: - only to further discover that the previous driver has moved out into a temporary motor and I can settle straight in!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: [/i]
HAPPY BUNNY!!![/i] :grimacing: :sunglasses: :grimacing:
(Sorry. Just wanted to share that with someone… :blush: :blush: :blush: )

just hope it doesnt suffer the same fate as the euroterd :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
chris

Nah…I’ve remembered about my n/s mirror since then… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lol!!! enjoy the stralis, have just read the test in trucking and it sounds like a good bit of kit.
i am off down the road tonight with a fh12 460 globbie :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
chris

very nice lucy. never driven a stralis but all the press rave about them. all you need know is someone to steer it for you and you can sit on the bed drinking tea :wink:

Beautiful machine. pain about the brake test everytime you start. Reverse high is pointless on the artic (although very handy with the rigid hiab :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ) its a warmer feeling cab than the merc.

pray to the gods I get one of my own :angry: :angry: :angry:

Looks nice, glad you got to keep it after all that hassle Lucy. Keep this one in one piece huh? :laughing:

Does anybody have a good link for interior pics of the Stralis? Is it true the cab has a flat floor?

go to google type in stralis then click the image button above it and indulge yourself

No passenger seat, just a seat back (complete with seatbelt) situated at the back of the bunk.
Having once travelled in the passenger seat I have to say its not nice.
In fact this plus the heated wing mirrors which automatically turn them selves off after a set period are the only real draw backs of the stralis.

Great news Lucy, enjoy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: