Important News Regarding National & International CPC Holder

Had this email from a CPC course provider, outlining the changes that were afoot for changes to the CPC course which now appear to be finalised, thought I’d whack it up here.

Important News Regarding National & International CPC Holder

To bring the U.K. in line with the rest of Europe, changes are being introduced to merge the CPC National and International into one joint qualification. It looks probable that from December 2011 there will be only one examination that covers both National and International CPC.

Planning ahead — if you hold a National CPC and require International, then you have five opportunities to take the examination before December 2011 — September and December this year and March, June or September 2011. If you hold PSV National CPC you have only two opportunities to gain your International - December this year and June 2011.

If you have no intention of carrying out international work and only require National CPC, then you have the same five opportunities.

If at present you hold National CPC and wish to add International after September 2011, it’s likely that you will have to take the new combined National and International CPC examination.

If at present you hold both National and International CPC after September 2011 you will probably acquire ‘Grandfather Rights’ and don’t have to do anything.

I had something similar by email too,

the version I saw said

CPC Holders - No need to do anything as you will be granted “Grandfather Rights” and automatically keep your National or International qualification.

instead of probably but it also said

The changes are still to be completely finalised, outlined below are how the changes are likely to affect those planning to study for the exams and those who already hold the qualification.

so anything could happen !

the other thing to remember if you are going to do a CPC course is that some training providers have registered it so it also counts as 35 hours of driver CPC training

Hi Jon,

I can remember seeing a consultation paper on this IIRC about 4 years ago when I was teaching operator CPC.
The next official thing I remember is that the idea was ‘shelved’ for an indeterminate period quite soon afterwards.

TBH Jon, this idea has been around for a while, and my hunch is that the merging of the two operator CPCs will happen at some point.

I’ll keep speaking to ex-colleagues, and if I hear anything definitive, I’ll check it out first and then post it up. :wink:

I knew it was in the pipeline, and was going to happen, and on receiving this email thought it was either trying to get those who hadn’t made their minds up to “persuade” them into booking it sooner rather than later to get some bookings in, or that there had been further progress made with the merger of the two qualifications

I would like it if they issued new certificates as both mine are missing, they are still valid but OCR want a small fortune for duplicated certificates

Wheel Nut:
I would like it if they issued new certificates as both mine are missing, they are still valid but OCR want a small fortune for duplicated certificates

I’ve lost my 2 too Wheel Nut where do you apply for them copies?, had my International one in a frame & still had that until recently but one housemove too many & thats gone now.

Fly sheet

fly sheet:

Wheel Nut:

I’ve lost my 2 too Wheel Nut where do you apply for them copies?, had my International one in a frame & still had that until recently but one housemove too many & thats gone now.

Fly sheet

there’s a link in the first post here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25364

Denis F:

fly sheet:

Wheel Nut:

Fly sheet

there’s a link in the first post here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25364

I have got the forms that I downloaded, you need a rough idea of when and where you took the exams. Mine were taken in Hull between 1979 and 81 at two different centres so have to narrow it down further