CPC Holders

Just a quick question. I understand the new Operator CPC is now something that covers both national and international in one test which I assume is correct thus far?

I heard someone at work whom only has their national CPC say that if they don’t take their international CPC soon that they will end up losing it…Personally I don’t know how true that is not very I assume…but I thought I would ask folk on here whom will already know. Just thought I’d ask as my Dad has his national cpc but not his international cpc…So if anyone can give me some information I would be thankful :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

If your Dad did his national CPC after 1999 he has until the end if this year to get his International, otherwise he will have to do it all again ( the new 0ne part qualification)

He won’t lose his existing National CPC

I think they’ve bought this in as most people just do the national leaving firms no choice but to use Slobodan for the euro work meaning cars getting side swiped left right & centre on the m25 by Johnny Foreigner.

Hi all, I have another query regarding the CPC`s. Is it correct that a current holder of both a National and International CPC (taken at the end of the last century!! :laughing: ) is exempt from having to take the new Driver CPC?

A mate of mine who took his National and International last year seemed to be under the impression that this was the case!

don’t think so…

Silver_Surfer:
I think they’ve bought this in as most people just do the national leaving firms no choice but to use Slobodan for the euro work meaning cars getting side swiped left right & centre on the m25 by Johnny Foreigner.

Class! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:
Hi all, I have another query regarding the CPC`s. Is it correct that a current holder of both a National and International CPC (taken at the end of the last century!! :laughing: ) is exempt from having to take the new Driver CPC?

A mate of mine who took his National and International last year seemed to be under the impression that this was the case!

your mate is wrong :wink:

nolgvbrokers.co.uk/blog/2010 … river-cpc/

Denis F:
If your Dad did his national CPC after 1999 he has until the end if this year to get his International, otherwise he will have to do it all again ( the new 0ne part qualification)

Sorry to be a pain Denis but could you just clarify for me please?

I took my National CPC back in the eighties ( I think! :smiley: ). Does that qualification stand until the end of time or do I have to get the International as well, by the end of the year?

Just to clarify, I don’t operate any lorries but I wouldn’t want to lose the qualification or indeed, the chance to operate in the future…

Cheers Dennis, quite clear and concise on that one, I will pass it on. :smiley:

Piston broke:

Denis F:

Sorry to be a pain Denis but could you just clarify for me please?

I took my National CPC back in the eighties ( I think! :smiley: ). Does that qualification stand until the end of time or do I have to get the International as well, by the end of the year?

Just to clarify, I don’t operate any lorries but I wouldn’t want to lose the qualification or indeed, the chance to operate in the future…

I’m try and find a reliable source, but as I remember it your national qualification stands for life, because you did yours before 1999 when OCR invented the 4 module exams you can’t upgrade to international .

Updating from pre-October 1999 National to International certificates

Candidates who achieved their National Certificate prior to October 1999 can no longer upgrade to an International Certificate by simply sitting Module 6 or 7 alone. This means that candidates who wish to obtain the International CPC from September 2004 must take the full national and international examinations.

This decision was made a number of years ago, when the format of the qualification significantly changed to include case study papers. The decision to make this change was taken by the Transport Qualification Committee, made up, in part by representatives from industry and professional bodies including the Road Haulage Association and the Department of Transport.

From novadata.co.uk/sec/855/Trans … ompetence/

Brilliant! :smiley:

Thank you for taking the time - much appreciated :smiley:

Denis F:

So if i have it right, he won’t lose his national cpc if he doesn’t take it. And would still be able to operate lorries in the country just not overseas. I’m asking as one of my managers stated he’d lose his national cpc if he didn’t take said exam :confused: Which i thought was a bit far from the truth!

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:

Denis F:

So if i have it right, he won’t lose his national cpc if he doesn’t take it. And would still be able to operate lorries in the country just not overseas. I’m asking as one of my managers stated he’d lose his national cpc if he didn’t take said exam :confused: Which i thought was a bit far from the truth!

Cheers

Correct…

Hi, Can I ask a question,
I passed my National Cpc in Dec 2007, I am an owner driver So does this mean I have to upgrade it to international before the end of the year or I will lose my O licence.

I am thinking of upgrading anyway but not sure what is involved, do I need to take the exams again or just an extra module. Thx

badger328:
Hi, Can I ask a question,
I passed my National Cpc in Dec 2007, I am an owner driver So does this mean I have to upgrade it to international before the end of the year or I will lose my O licence.

No, you can carry on indefinitely with your National O licence, doing UK work.

badger328:
I am thinking of upgrading anyway but not sure what is involved, do I need to take the exams again or just an extra module. Thx

If you wanted to upgrade to an International licence then you would just need to take the International CPC module. There is a cut-off date for this but it keeps getting pushed backwards, I’m not sure if a final date has been announced yet but I think it’s still a year away at least.

Nobody will lose their national Cpc.

If you want to get the international Cpc you have until the end of this year to sit the stand alone module or you will have to take the new whole combined national & international Cpc if you wish to upgrade your national to international.

Simples.

Trust me, I’ve taken the international twice this year & failed it twice as my heart wasn’t in it & the material is just soooo boring, have given up now.

Will have to abandon the dream of taking on Waberer’s & Betz. :slight_smile: