Immigration hits all-time high

OwenMoney:

JeffA:
I’ve got issues with it being the lowest level in Europe. If Germany and France can pay 2/3rds your salary why not the UK? Why do we have to make do on £84?

Corbin init

Failure of FPTP which the Unicorn kingdom has instead of PR, or a version of. Hense the cons got an 80 seat majority and carte blanche to do as they please. Xenophobia or bust. ■■■■ it up .
Democracy init

Democracy? Yep. :unamused:

Bloody Brexit AGAIN eh?
We should never have left.
:laughing: :laughing:

OwenMoney:

JeffA:
I’ve got issues with it being the lowest level in Europe. If Germany and France can pay 2/3rds your salary why not the UK? Why do we have to make do on £84?

Corbin init

Failure of FPTP which the Unicorn kingdom has instead of PR, or a version of. Hense the cons got an 80 seat majority and carte blanche to do as they please. Xenophobia or bust. ■■■■ it up .
Democracy init

Would labour be any different? They demonised the disabled and people on benefits too

JeffA:

Ironically the system is based on forcing claimants into any type of work including minimum wage.Regardless of the fact that contributions are income based.Which makes the salary thing moot.
The truth is like the NHS it’s a form of stealth taxation based on minimum worthless cover for maximum premiums.Cover which isn’t even contractual and can be downgraded by the ‘provider’ at any time.
Far better income protection and health cover can be found privately.

Carryfast:

JeffA:

Ironically the system is based on forcing claimants into any type of work including minimum wage.Regardless of the fact that contributions are income based.Which makes the salary thing moot.
The truth is like the NHS it’s a form of stealth taxation based on minimum worthless cover for maximum premiums.Cover which isn’t even contractual and can be downgraded by the ‘provider’ at any time.
Far better income protection and health cover can be found privately.

As someone whose life has been saved by the NHS I do dispute this ‘minimum cover’ claim. If I live 2 lifetimes I probably wouldn’t pay enough tax to cover what it’s cost to reassemble me.

Yes,Im in that category too.Its funny,I dont have the same attitude to paying tax now.We have things we take for granted,I think

robroy:
Alex Yerbury sounds like my kinda guy

He looks kinda familiar: side parting, tache…

OH! Someone else has spotted the similarity too! :laughing:

Carryfast:
The truth is like the NHS it’s a form of stealth taxation based on minimum worthless cover for maximum premiums.

From my point of view you couldn’t be more wrong if you had a Doctorate in Wrongology from the Faculty of Wrongness at the University of Wrongingham City, in Wrongland

I personally have (miraculously considering my past lifestyle) never had need of anything from the NHS bar the subsidised dental facilities, a couple of stitches, and the occasional bottle of paracetamol.

Whereas both my children would most likely not be here today if it weren’t for the NHS.

I’d also argue that he doesn’t seem to know what stealth actually means :smiley:

I would certainly be dead without the NHS so i really dont mind paying for it.

Zac_A:

robroy:
Alex Yerbury sounds like my kinda guy

He looks kinda familiar: side parting, tache…

OH! Someone else has spotted the similarity too! :laughing:

At least if the local politics ever goes ■■■■ up for him, he’ll always have something to fall back on.
Every cloud eh?

lookalikes.co.uk/celebrity-looka … okalike-2/

He could hire himself out for appearances at parties,.weddings, birthdays etc. …maybe the barmitzvah side of the gig would be a bit patchy, but hey, you can’t have everything. :smiley:

Sploom:
Yes,Im in that category too.Its funny,I dont have the same attitude to paying tax now.We have things we take for granted,I think

Taxes are the price paid for living in a (mostly) civilised society, but you can’t have Scandinavian / French style service on uk tax levels.

JeffA:
I would certainly be dead without the NHS so i really dont mind paying for it.

Serious question, so don’t anyone bother trying to find a hidden joke:
You’re not the Jeff who made medical history with experimental surgery after a Scania handbrake failed and very nearly killed him, are you?

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
The truth is like the NHS it’s a form of stealth taxation based on minimum worthless cover for maximum premiums.

From my point of view you couldn’t be more wrong if you had a Doctorate in Wrongology from the Faculty of Wrongness at the University of Wrongingham City, in Wrongland

:smiley:

Since we`re getting into healthcare, a few odds and sods, of info.

The USA is quite largely privatised, and pays much more than most other developed countries for its healthcare. It doesnt have better outcomes for it`s extra expenditure.

The Nordic countries are among the happiest.
They also have high standards of health and welfare,m and relatively high taxes.

The UK is less happy now than in 2015.

The next time someone tells you that saving a few quid on your own income tax is going to make make you much happier, what are you going to think?
Is being a few hundred quid better off, but with longer queues for medical attention really worth it?

healthsystemtracker.org/cha … %20nearest%
wisevoter.com/country-rankings/ … the-world/
countryeconomy.com/demography/w … s-index/uk

JeffA:

OwenMoney:

JeffA:

Corbin init

Democracy init

Would labour be any different? They demonised the disabled and people on benefits too

Excellent programme on R4 today.
bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001mc … des/player
30 mins and more to follow later. Not comfortable listening for anyone.

You couldn’t ■■■■ make it up.
Apparentlly the relief of ‘escaping the perils of war’ as we (or some of us) are led to believe to an all inclusive Pimlico hotel, is not up to their standards,.4 to a room or not.

Maybe we should close all Butlins parks for instance, or even a few hotels in Mayfair favourable to the over wealthy , to meet their standards.

If you don’t like it ■■■■ right off !! ,.you were not asked nor invited to come here, would be my position,.and dare I say I am confident I speak for the vast majority in this country
bbc.com/news/articles/cd1xvvnj1p8o

robroy:
If you don’t like it [zb] right off !! ,.you were not asked nor invited to come here, would be my position,.and dare I say I am confident I speak for the vast majority in this country

robroy:
and dare I say I am confident

Yep, you certainly are.

robroy:
t I speak for the vast majority in this country

Maybe not.
kcl.ac.uk/news/uk-attitudes … -pub01-115
migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/r … f-concern/

Ok…you just keep believing what you read and are told mate…true to form,.especially if/when it fits your liberal and lefty agenda.

Tell you what,.why not have a bit of a poll of your OWN, a cross section of the public rather than amongst your mates and like minded associates.

STILL confident of the outcome…but we’ll never know. :smiley:
And despite being a perceived Brexiteer ■■■■ :laughing: ,.I have nothing against immigration either as such,.it’s the constant stream of illegal economic migrants and the cost they incur that I have problem with.

robroy:
Ok…you just keep believing what you read and are told mate…true to form,.especially if/when it fits your liberal and lefty agenda.

Tell you what,.why not have a bit of a poll of your OWN, a cross section of the public rather than amongst your mates and like minded associates.

Astounding!

Franglais:

robroy:

Astounding!

Thank you :sunglasses:…my aim is to please.

Anyhoo enough of this crap,.I’ve got some Man Utd fans to wind up. :imp: :laughing:
Citehh have just won the FA cup. :smiley:

More right wing,.racist, innacurate, out of touch with what most people think propaganda. :neutral_face:
youtube.com/@YorkshireRose