I'm in trouble...exceeded my hours

Rob K:
Not at all, but Davey and yourself are all full of sympathy for the guy which somehow makes me think that bizarrely you’ve missed the point that he has BLATANTLY EXCEEDED HIS DAILY DRIVING HOURS BY T :open_mouth: H :open_mouth: R :open_mouth: E :open_mouth: E A :open_mouth: N :open_mouth: D A H :open_mouth: A :open_mouth: L :open_mouth: F H :open_mouth: O :open_mouth: U :open_mouth: R :open_mouth: S

Wowwww Rob, I’ve only been in this game since I was 18 yr old, I’m now 44 this month, now in ALL the years I’ve been in this industry I just wish I had been as perfect as you

Do I agree with what he’s done NO

Do I sympathise with Him Maybe

He has shown he is human and I’ll give the Lad Guts for admitting what he’s done, thats for sure.

I drove tippers in my early days when you were paid by the load, 2 1\2 trips from Durham to Hull staying in Hull Overnight, 12 hrs Driving yes I’m guilty of flowting the law in my earlier years because I did’nt know better.

I only did it the once because I got the biggest bolocking of my life off the gaffer when he checked the tacho’s.

Without a doubt he’s going to get a big fine, I’ve seen me go out on a monday morning in the summer, red hot weather unable to sleep on a night time in the cab then have to drive the following day with maybe only 2 hrs sleep, because I am a bad sleeper simple as that. Does that make me a law breaker if I fell asleep at the wheel without warning, yes it does, but just because I had 2 hrs sleep does not make me a law breaker in itself.

So if you come on this site playing hell because your being prosecuted for taking the truck home you’d be quite happy for me or others jumping straight in saying we would like to see the book thrown at you and patting humberside police on the back for it too■■? After all, you are breaking the Law :confused: :confused: :confused: :open_mouth:

After all, there’s nothing at all that can possibly happen to anyone when your vehicles parked away from the O Centre at a weekend :unamused:

I’ve dealt with serious calls from Genuine drivers thinking the Hour Guard was wrong because it deducted a 9hr segment despite them having 11 hrs rest. And it was simply by using the timer they found out that regardless of an 11 hr rest they could only work 13hrs if they wanted an 11 hr rest.

I put me hands up to that one Davey! I didnt even know I was breaking the law for years, it took some explaining till I grasped the reason the guard was taking them 9 hour bars off me!

Mal.

double post, bleeding computers!

Mal:
I put me hands up to that one Davey! I didnt even know I was breaking the law for years, it took some explaining till I grasped the reason the guard was taking them 9 hour bars off me!

Mal.

Get ready for a slaughtering off Rob Now Mal :smiling_imp: you’ve also admitted breaking the Law, Jeeez is nobody else but Rob perfect :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That would be Primo who admits to often not switching to rest on his tacho in another thread then…so much for perfection :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Jules

what placid did was stupid but he held his hands up and said he would never do it again.i will not judge or hang him its not my place the authorities police and vosa will judge him hopefully not hang him cuz thats a tad excesive for tacho offences :laughing: .but mr rob k you come on here with your hollier than thou attitude when not so long back i remember reading about you playing cat and mouse with a truck on the 42 and then you decided to do a few tours of the island at donnington services now isnt that dangerous driving.then theres taking the truck home aswell as tailgating. no ones perfect rob we all at some point make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.if theres new drivers on here reading what placid did and our responses hopefully it will have made them think twice about running bent cuz its not big and its not clever

Boots O’Lead:
That would be Primo who admits to often not switching to rest on his tacho in another thread then…so much for perfection :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Jules

Who said anything about perfection :question: Certainly wasn’t me.

well spoken jonah… i for one would never advertise what placid has… fair play to the man… i hope you get off lightly with a stern warning and that you take heed of it… :wink:

I won’t stand in defence of placidcasual, but in respect to driving 13 hrs I do that on a very regular basis…not all in a truck, but when I drive back to the UK on a Friday from say Macon 9 1/2 hr drive back to the yard with a 1 hr break then around 3 hrs port to port total spread 13 1/2 hrs, then drive home 1 hr, then wash change etc then drive to wifes sisters house for the week end, 2 1/2 hrs if traffic is light. Spread over 18 hrs, driving is 13 hrs and all legal if I get tired I stop for a rest or let my wife drive, but usually I don’t find it tiring. I know the law is there to be obeyed, but drivers hours regs don’t make my life safer, and at times only adds to fatigue. I could easily drive for a lot more than 10 hours some times, but then other times I find it hard to drive more than 7 or 8 hours. Did placidcasual say he was tired when he stopped driving? I would guess he wasn’t if he “by mistake” started driving before 9 hr break the next morning.

I personally would never conceder driving for that long under Tacho control, but in my car, no problems “until I feel tired

Explicit and implicit Rob, I’ll let you work it out for yourself - if you can

Jules

what you all seem to forget is how far had he travelled in the three and half hours ? going past safe parking ? in fact where had he come from that would warrant doing 13.5 hrs driving? even taking into trafic?,i agree the mans a fool,also as has been said 13.5 hrs driving,8.5 rest and in this time hes tipped and loaded(maybe),by doing 13.5 driving i would have thought from cardiff to milford haven was easy ride out?? and its not as if by having his full time of he still wouldnt have been late home ?,plus one more thing when he filled in his tacho at the end of friday did he not think to himself ■■■■ i cant start till whatever??

Davey Driver:
I drove tippers in my early days when you were paid by the load, 2 1\2 trips from Durham to Hull staying in Hull Overnight, 12 hrs Driving yes I’m guilty of flowting the law in my earlier years because I did’nt know better.

Yeah, you didn’t know better. That’s the key point. Since when does a driver with TEN YEARS experience and 3000km per week come in the bracket of “not knowing better” :question:

So if you come on this site playing hell because your being prosecuted for taking the truck home you’d be quite happy for me or others jumping straight in saying we would like to see the book thrown at you and patting humberside police on the back for it too■■? After all, you are breaking the Law :confused: :confused: :confused: :open_mouth:

This example and also that by Neil are both very poor comparisons to make. I’m not putting my own life nor anyone’s at risk, so the comparison is in fact totally irrelevant. Should I get nobbled then I would pay the price, simple as that. I hardly think that the Ministry would class having the unit parked on my property on a weekend doing zip as being in the same class as a driver who has blatantly turned a blind eye to the law regarding daily driving hours and has exceeded them by not just five or ten minutes which the Ministry might have had a grumble about but let it go, but a full three and a half hours :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I mean, what the hell is that all about :question:

After all, there’s nothing at all that can possibly happen to anyone when your vehicles parked away from the O Centre at a weekend :unamused:

Well of course not… :astonished:

who says it has to be at the yard at weekends??

Quote:
After all, there’s nothing at all that can possibly happen to anyone when your vehicles parked away from the O Centre at a weekend

Let face it …no one is perfect thats why they are rules! and WE all brake some rules some of the time … be it by choice or ignorance.

But IMHO drivers who try to do they job who are honerst should stick together!!

Placid made a mistake like we all do…maybe a big mistake but a mistake nontheless!
I dont believe that placed is the type of driver who continues to brake the Law indeed if he was he wouldnt be interested in Trucknet!
No driver who visits trucknet are the drivers who should have they licence took away!!! the very reason why they visit Trucknet is because of they Professionalism …not thatv all drivers who dont come here are guilty but the guilty ones wouldnt dream of logging on

Again Just my opinion!

placidcasual:
Thanks for the reaction folks. The authorities are welcome to check my previous 12 months tacho’s, yesterday was a mare after been stuck in traffic for hours, I then made the wrong decision in plodding on to my destination. This was purely a one off, I run legal always and have been driving 10 years averaging 3000 kms a week and have a clean licence. I am not a cowboy, nor is my boss. He is going to hit the roof when I tell him on Tuesday.

no body breaks the law until they get caught

Jonah:
but mr rob k you come on here with your hollier than thou attitude…

Not at all; complete over-statement. As I’ve said before, I simply don’t agree with drivers blatantly running bent as far as driver hour limitations go and also daily rest periods. There simply is no need for it. If you need to run bent to get to where you want then you’re in the wrong job/business/profession.

…when not so long back i remember reading about you playing cat and mouse with a truck on the 42 and then you decided to do a few tours of the island at donnington services now isnt that dangerous driving

Can’t see why. He didn’t have space to get past nor the legs and was merely a [zb] that couldn’t bear the fact of another wagon overtaking him and damaging his ego. He wrongly used the weight of his vehicle to try to get in front of me and consequently hold me up. It was his decision to chase me round the roundabout. He was pretty infuriated (who’s the dangerous driver again :question: ) and doing circuits of the roundabout seemed like a good idea as a temporary solution to defuse his unnecessary and self-inflicted temper.

…then theres taking the truck home…

What about it :question: Have I ever said I’ve taken the truck home :question: I mentioned that I would like to do in the future at my new abode. As things currently stand, none of the wagons I’ve driven have been parked overnight outside my house (or previous abode’s) illegally.

:sunglasses:

oddsodz:

Quote:
After all, there’s nothing at all that can possibly happen to anyone when your vehicles parked away from the O Centre at a weekend

The conditions of all O Licence’s is that the Truck must be kept at its operating centre when not used for business!

A simple rule to understand!!! :exclamation:

oddsodz:

The O Licence. Enough said.

Thecritic:

oddsodz:

Quote:

The conditions of all O Licence’s is that the Truck must be kept at its operating centre when not used for business!

A simple rule to understand!!! :exclamation:

no your home can be nominated as “other place” on operating licence,

oddsodz:

A declaration has to be filled in when applying for an O Licence, and if the application details are not adhered to then:

Can a licence be withdrawn or suspended?
Yes. The Traffic Commissioner must revoke a Standard licence if the holder no longer fulfils the requirements of good repute, financial standing or professional competence. He must revoke a Restricted licence if the holder has 2 convictions within 5 years for using a goods vehicle on a Restricted licence for carrying goods for hire or reward.

He may revoke, suspend or limit any type of licence if:

a. The licence holder has broken any conditions attached to the licence
b. There have been any prohibitions on the use of authorised vehicles because they are unroadworthy or overloaded
c. The licence holder is convicted of certain offences
d. Any of the statements made in the licence application prove to be false
e. The licence holder has not kept any undertaking which he gave when he applied for the licence, or which he gave some time later during the currency of the licence, and which appears on the licence documentation
f. The licence holder has been made bankrupt or (if the holder is a company) has gone into liquidation
g. Since the licence was issued or varied there has been a material change in any of the circumstances of the licence holder relevant to the issue or variation of the licence; or,
h. The licence holder has used a place not listed on the licence as an operating centre.

And no, absolutley nothing can happen to anyone whilst your truck is parked on your property :confused: :confused: :confused:

No inquisitive kids climbing on it, no chance of it developing a fault resulting in Fire damaging other property, no residents being disturbed early mornings, whilst you trundle off on a monday, yep sorry Rob looks like i’ll have to give you that one :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

My original point was the fact you came on this thread all guns blazing as Mr Perfect, you never break the laws, you never do anything wrong but you were quite happy to hang somebody for his stupidity :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: