Infringement

Apparently I have an infringement for a shift I did on Sunday. According to the tacho analyst I did 5 hrs 07 mins of driving with in-sufficient breaks.

I’m really big on doing things the right way and would never want to run “bent” intensionally. All I can think is that I have either put the mode switch on the wrong symbol or I have ended a break period a minute too early. My wagon tells me when I need a break or if I am exceeding driving time and it did neither at the time. I haven’t seen the print out yet so don’t know where I have gone wrong. Does anyone know the likely punishment if/when I get pull from VOSA. I must stress this is the first and only infringement on my card and was not done in the hope of not getting caught or a [zb] it attitude.

In all honesty, unless you show a string of offences as long as your arm, you will probably get an educating chat and nothing more.

Don’t lose sleep over it.

Could go to prison for something like that.

get a print out and see from there if its a case of you was amin short keep the print out with you if you get stopped least they can see you made the effort and mis judged the time or could be a faulty tacho head if nothing showed up on the truck i guess

it’s very unlikely anything will come of it,it aint like you’re going to pull up at the side of the road and say “mr vosa man,get a load a this” :laughing:

Saaamon:
Could go to prison for something like that.

But you wont…make sure wherever this info is correct and its not a tacho fault , and hell if it was a mistake you will only get a Dont do it again !

It’s really getting to me as I would never intend to do something like this. I haven’t been doing this full time for long and really don’t want to [zb] it all up by driving like a nob or not having sufficient breaks

NewLad:
It’s really getting to me as I would never intend to do something like this. I haven’t been doing this full time for long and really don’t want to [zb] it all up by driving like a nob or not having sufficient breaks

Some older tacho’s still reset driving time with 3x 15 min breaks or even a 15 min break and a 30 min poa etc etc etc…
Many combinations that I’m not going to type them all.

But, as you know, the new rules state that if you split your break, the 2nd must be no less than 30 mins, so the tacho could have reset your driving time, but the analysis will still pick up an infringement.

Don’t do it again :smiling_imp:

NewLad:

Seriously, don’t panic about it.
I’ve been stopped with infringements on my card before and as said above, as long as it’s not a regular thing you’ll probably get nothing more than a bit of a lecture.
Just find out where you went wrong so you don’t make the same mistake again.

NewLad:

If I were you i would download an app to the phone to alert myself or use any other method you can find and like…then if you do have to stand up and account for yourself you can say since it happened you have put XYZ in place so it cannot happen again. And look like you are sorry.
But check everything it may not be your fault yet.

NewLad:

Chill out mate, i got stopped recently with some really not so favourable infringements on my card, one of them they pointed out was inserting card whilst driving! They gave me a few words of warning and that was it so i really wouldnt worry about your infringement. My earlier post was a joke! At the very, very worse you’d get a 60quid fine and thats it, you wont lose your license, you wont get points and you certainly 100% will not go to prison… Their not after people like yourself who have made a mistake, their after companies that properly run bent, companies that dont play by any of the rules and think they can do as they please and that sort really are out there!

NewLad:

Tip for you mate; Don’t work where I do, you’d have a nervous breakdown.
:laughing:

If Vosa pull you and see it,they probably won’t waste the paper writing out your statement. Im still analogue and got pulled a few months ago, they took three cards for continuous driving etc. and i never heard a thing :smiley:

Saaamon:

NewLad:

Chill out mate, i got stopped recently with some really not so favourable infringements on my card, one of them they pointed out was inserting card whilst driving! They gave me a few words of warning and that was it so i really wouldnt worry about your infringement. My earlier post was a joke! At the very, very worse you’d get a 60quid fine and thats it, you wont lose your license, you wont get points and you certainly 100% will not go to prison… Their not after people like yourself who have made a mistake, their after companies that properly run bent, companies that dont play by any of the rules and think they can do as they please and that sort really are out there!

Yep completely agree. VOSA are out to catch companies and drivers that think the law does not apply to them, not the drivers who make a mistake or go over their hours once every couple of weeks.

Heard those VOSA types have got a new gizmo which attaches electrodes to your private parts but in your case you’ll be OK - they’ll just wave the wires around a lot… :laughing: :laughing:

Socketset:
Heard those VOSA types have got a new gizmo which attaches electrodes to your private parts but in your case you’ll be OK - they’ll just wave the wires around a lot… :laughing: :laughing:

Really? it might jump start my boys then and get them swimming.

They will attach electrodes to your testicles and connect the other end to the national power grid.

Your arse will just clench every time you drive past a VOSA checkpoint.

Joking aside, I doubt they’d be that arsed if its just an honest mistake.