If stobbys went pop

mike68:
Sooner rather than later, a return to the small haulier who would do the work and employ local people and pay a living wage, we live in hope do we not!!

You mean old school
none of this POA bolix where you are supposed to stand in the drivers weighting room sing the company song to the TM and silly little health and safety pointless inductions for companies like stobys ego…

Wheel Nut:

mike68:
Sooner rather than later, a return to the small haulier who would do the work and employ local people and pay a living wage, we live in hope do we not!!

Unfortunately it wouldnt happen like that, it would be another multinational who would control even more work, someone like Norbert, DHL or Wincanton with their own brand or franchise.

I live in the same hope as you but I also live in the real world :frowning:

Sadly you are correct at this point in time, history always repeats itself, eventually the small guy will have his day.

As they already do some Tesco work, then look at Maritime.

You read it here first. :wink:

Ken.

My offer is £1.-
But i haven’t spotted it on Ebay yet

Lovlyperson:
My offer is £1.-
But i haven’t spotted it on Ebay yet

it could all happen agian anything is possible
with stobby on the stock market there are plenty of muppits willing to buy there quids share as long as stobart is blowing his own trumpit

Other “Big” players may follow the Stobart trend!! They usually do! :laughing:
You know! Reduce their overheads etc!
How much Loss was reported recently by Wincanton! Was it £75 million or something? :open_mouth:

More likely the subject of an acquisition, rather than going pop.

Nobbie or DSV or any other large carriers would take on the fleet and Tesco contract.

Blueiain:
Fowler welch

Don’t forget Turners :grimacing:

hey what about betz :smiling_imp: !
that FH700 would be great sprayed blue & called frauline debby :sunglasses:

the tv show would also be watchable & educational, instead of the narrative being all drama ;

mark really needs to be at the RDC for ten o’clock

it would be very much presice & exact& the narrative would be ;

heir dixon knows he will be there on time at the RDC due to the complete understanding of the drivers hours ,tacho rules & wtd & timetable given by the highly efficient german route planners…well that & his second driver is there with him & has enough hours to get the job done
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Maybe Tosco’s would take it ‘in-house’ again - they could certainly afford to & may not want to face getting others involved again.

Wheel Nut:
For sale, a mullock of white lorries with red stripy bumpers!

No reasonable offer refused :laughing:

Lmao

i think it would all be sorted in the boardroom with brown enverlopes flying all over before the day the gates closed.

Wheel Nut:
For sale, a mullock of white lorries with red stripy bumpers!

No reasonable offer refused :laughing:

Saw one the other day pulling a malcolm’s trailer into Diageo Leven

Stobbies won’t go pop, the figures you can find show only one thing…Stobart transport is a shell company, and is an empty shell, doesn’t make much if any profit.
Normal thing to do for big companies, there is a big mother company who controls all the companies and where the share holders sit.
The claims and risks in operational businesses is much to big to put all your eggs in one basket.
Or as Stobart would say, all you cream cakes is one creamy mess.
This is big boys business, not easy to understand for the normal man on the street, I bet Stobart own at least 60 Ltd companies who are all spread in their organisation.
You think you work for Stobart…yes you maybe work for one of the Stobart subsidiary’s

caledoniandream:
Stobbies won’t go pop, the figures you can find show only one thing…Stobart transport is a shell company, and is an empty shell, doesn’t make much if any profit.
Normal thing to do for big companies, there is a big mother company who controls all the companies and where the share holders sit.
The claims and risks in operational businesses is much to big to put all your eggs in one basket.
Or as Stobart would say, all you cream cakes is one creamy mess.
This is big boys business, not easy to understand for the normal man on the street, I bet Stobart own at least 60 Ltd companies who are all spread in their organisation.
You think you work for Stobart…yes you maybe work for one of the Stobart subsidiary’s

This+1 If you check out roadrunners link! You’ll see that they are or were directors of at least 60 companies! Also a hidden director too!! :unamused:

Also if you are main supplier to the big blue chip companies like Stobart, they are reading your books as a bedtime read.
They control your financial health constantly, because as the likes of Stobart go down, they would have hard work to pull out of the ■■■■.
Tesco and the likes know better what goes on at Stobart than Stobarts own accountants believe me.

mrx:
who would pick up the tossco work?

And if Tesco went pop, who would pick up their work? Somewhat random question.

Out of interest, why is there so much anti Stobart sentiment on here at the moment? Earlier, someone started a thread that has since been locked out. It suggested that the company was in trouble and pointed to a 2 year old article about Tesco involvment in Stobart.

Seems that some are willing the company to be in trouble,and if they were, despite the lack of evidence it would surely mean disaster in the industry and not good for anyone.

Stobarts will never go bust. Just because the profit has dipped 8% in the last year doesn’t mean to say they still aren’t making loads of money (which they are, loads of it).

As a publicly listed company they are just under more pressure and scrutiny to make ever more profits to please their shareholders so the recent smallish reduction in profit is probably the catalyst to this getting rid of the trampers and try & squeeze even more profit out of each truck.

If they weren’t a public company & under so much pressure from shareholders to increase profit they probably wouldn’t be getting rid of so many trampers whcih I think could come back & bite them.

I wouldn’t say there’s that much anti Stobart sentiment on here just they are one of the biggest haulage company’s out there with the highest public profile, some people like them, some people don’t, simples.

The simple fact Tescos own 40% of Stobarts means thats unlikey without a very messy divorce.

Bobtailvw:
The simple fact Tescos own 40% of Stobarts means thats unlikey without a very messy divorce.

Would be if it had any basis in truth …

Stobart Group’s shareholders, the top five are all investment companies: Invesco with 26%; Artemis with 11%; Aviva 6%; Legal & General 4%l; and Moore Capital with 1%. So if Tesco does have a stake, and it could of course, then it’s a piddling sub-1% tranche. Hardly the sort of investment that would either give it a massive say, offer substantial financial support, or, dare we say it, offer much in the way of return.

roadtransport.com/blogs/2010 … -cons.html

Still not bad only half way down page two when this myth appeared, I expected it far earlier in the thread :unamused: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: