Stobart chilled?

Anyone know what the future holds?

Mystic Meg :slight_smile:

haribo4000:

I think Stobarts are going to be as big as DHL in england soon they are buying everything getting contracts etc … I honestly do not see what peoples problems with Stobart is they are employing people so that is a good thing right? money not good enough? well must be for the ones who work for them ■■

There to big dropping rates and wages hire and fire willy nilly I know a lot of people work for them just for a new truck companys like norberts, stobarts, dhl and wincanton should be limited how big the can be but it gives people a jobso that one thing.

Be a while before Stobarts is as big as DHL in my opinion. DHL is globally massive.

Edit: just read your post properly “in England” :blush:

Tarrman:
Be a while before Stobarts is as big as DHL in my opinion. DHL is globally massive.

lol, I live over here and now in Australia, and see loads of DHL and said oh they big … they have massive egos and like the stupid kenworths etc … they bet me Linfox there erm I dont know who they would be compared to (prob stobart) but i was told I was talking [zb] when i said they have 60,000+ trucks in the world and prob 5 times that amount.

Tarrman:

For a start I don’t think stobarts are flying freight 747 jumbos out of south end air port?

Cruise Control:

Tarrman:

For a start I don’t think stobarts are flying freight 747 jumbos out of south end air port?

Not yet but give them time.

I was after a bit of info regarding the chill side. I have been hearing a rumour for a while that all chilled operations will be running out of Magna Park before spring 2013. Meaning Heywood and Newark depots would be closed. I know how much of a struggle Magna is at the minute so to add 2 more depots into it is going to be bedlam. Over the last couple of days I have heard more and more regarding this happening. Just wish someone would confirm it instead of keeping everyone in the dark.

haribo4000:

They’re cool.

haribo4000:
I was after a bit of info regarding the chill side. I have been hearing a rumour for a while that all chilled operations will be running out of Magna Park before spring 2013. Meaning Heywood and Newark depots would be closed. I know how much of a struggle Magna is at the minute so to add 2 more depots into it is going to be bedlam. Over the last couple of days I have heard more and more regarding this happening. Just wish someone would confirm it instead of keeping everyone in the dark.

I find that the people who really need to know are always the last people to know.

haribo4000:

They were looking for drivers at Magna Park recently in my local paper. Leicester Mercury I think.

Stobart at Magna park-not bad.
1.shift around 10-12 hours,some time less,some time 13-15.
2.no night out,just if finished you time in tacho.
3.good very friendly(not dog :smiley: ) planners and customer office
4.basicly one delivery ,one collection,some time more.
5.delivery 90 percent to Tesco(CENTRAL ENGLAND AND South) ,some Morrisons,some Coop.
6.AND FOR SOME PEOPLE LIKE ,FOR SOME NOT,BUT AT THE START OF SHIFT BASICLY 1-2 HOURS WAITING TIME,SOME TIME 3 HOURS.

BAD THINK JUST ONE YARD NOT VERY BIG.NOT EASY TO REVERSING.

Lutterworth can’t cop with Newark closing, they only cope now because they cost the company so many contracts the pressure eased off.

The word on Heywood that I’ve been hearing is that they are showing signs of giving that work to Widnes.

I will also be surprised if they close Newark, a depot which is actually owned not rented, and makes money, good geographical position as well, a touch small sure…

One of the biggest rumour mongrels in the industry works at Newark as an agency driver, he also works at Norbs Easton, he is Directly responsible for many bullshine rumours and I just happen to know the one he is spouting ATM is exactly this, hopefully just more bs from his mouth, I seriously look out the window to check if he said it was daylight just to be sure.

Can anyone tell me if the green machine has anything in the pipeline for the far south of the country?I would love a bash at working for them on a tramping basis but being Isle Of Wight based am struggling with their strict,but probably sensible policy,of not employing anyone who lives an hour from any depot of theirs? all pledges by me to re-locate are given scant regard despite being on their waiting list for aeons.

Phantom Mark:
The word on Heywood that I’ve been hearing is that they are showing signs of giving that work to Widnes.

Heywood will be moving in the future, it is close to bursting point, the options being explored are Widnes or new warehouse on Kingsway.

manalishi:
Can anyone tell me if the green machine has anything in the pipeline for the far south of the country?I would love a bash at working for them on a tramping basis but being Isle Of Wight based am struggling with their strict,but probably sensible policy,of not employing anyone who lives an hour from any depot of theirs? all pledges by me to re-locate are given scant regard despite being on their waiting list for aeons.

Try emailing Neale Burdon who’s in charge of driver recruitment. He maybe of some help.
training2@stobartgroup.com

manalishi:

Better companies out there than stobarts.

Maybe so, and many many many worse. Newark Depot is a nice place to work and would jump at the chance to go full time there. One bonus of agency working around the area is getting to work at various different places to see how they really are before considering to apply, out of all the big hitters around lincs Stobbies Newark is top of my want list, decent office staff, decent bunch of core drivers, easy work, better than average trucks.