Stobart chilled?

Saaamon:
Better companies out there than stobarts.

Oh yeah, like who…■■? Don’t even bother saying things like wincanton, nobby, or DHL as they are all tish…!

haribo4000:
Anyone know what the future holds?

Ain’t nobody chilled at STOBRATS at all! Jumped up hitlers, who drive the desk! :open_mouth: :smiley: :sunglasses: :unamused: :grimacing:

haribo4000:
I was after a bit of info regarding the chill side. I have been hearing a rumour for a while that all chilled operations will be running out of Magna Park before spring 2013. Meaning Heywood and Newark depots would be closed. I know how much of a struggle Magna is at the minute so to add 2 more depots into it is going to be bedlam. Over the last couple of days I have heard more and more regarding this happening. Just wish someone would confirm it instead of keeping everyone in the dark.

if they got rid of the ambient at magna it would double the capacity if they made it one big fridge??

xamtex:
if they got rid of the ambient at magna it would double the capacity if they made it one big fridge??

Very true! Just so happens that a.g.Barr are amalgamating with Britvic who also have a warehouse at magna. No need for Barr to stay in stobarts depot. Knock through, one big chill.

If they did that then finally they might be in a position to handle all the contracts they lost by closing Corby and Alcester depot and trying to squeeze it into Magna.

The only reason the depot seems to be coping at the moment is because all the contracts that got lost in the first place when it opened.