I hate low lifes

Trucker beads:

jimti:
how much damage are we talking about here?

Nothing there is plastic broken by the fuel cap or something, it was a case of merely nudging the car at 0.5mph if that.

If that is all the damage what are you thinking of going through your insurance for? even if your wife didn’t really cause the damage we can only be talking about a few £ here, I would talk to the other driver and offer them £50 or nothing, tell them to take you to court for it if they aren’t happy, they would never do that and their insurance company wouldn’t get involved as he wrong person was in the car Inform your insurance company thay you do not want them to settle the claim for you

im gonna have to do something aint i, gonna see what insurance company says first maybe, as i still think where in the right, but who knows anymore, break the law get away with it, be legal get screwed over.

the excess is normally only payable if you are claiming for repair to your own vehicle i was cut up a while ago and i only paid the excess till it was proved the other driver was at fault and they claimed it back for me. But if it was me i’d forget it sounds like their taking the p### they aint got an insurance co to claim through anyway and if the driver gets insurance the co wont proceed with the claim cause it was before the policy was taken out.

steve45:
if as you say its a motability car she shouldnt be driving it with no insurance motability are very strict on this they will get the car back but are likely to take it off the person who its meant to be for if you contact motability uk they will not be very pleased but it will not go to the crusher as it will be regersterd to motability so i would just forget about it till you hear of them witch is very unlikely

This could be your ‘get out clause’ because Motability are very, very strict about who use’s their leased cars. The person who receives DLA (Full rate mobility allowance) has to be driving the vehicle or has to be in it when it is being driven by someone who is a named driver on the insurance policy. This is the only way this woman could have been using this car illegally especially if the driver/owner turned up in another car later. IIRC it is also possibly a criminal offence (Fraud) for misuse of the ‘Blue Badge’ scheme coz that’s usually the only reason non-disabled people use other peoples Motability cars, to avoid all parking restrictions & parking costs.

There has been a really big crackdown of the misuse of ‘Blue Badges’ and Motability cars so I think you need to get your insurance company involved and contact Motability ASAP, as just has steve45 has said, they will take this car off this fella straight away and he won’t be eligble for the scheme again and neither should he be because for all we know he was getting a brand new car just for someone else to use who wasn’t entitled to this benefit.

I might not be absolutely correct on all of the detailed stuff but Motability have a website and I’m sure they would give you some advice & help you in this situation.

Regards
Dave Penn;

I thought insurance was included,along with servicing and tyres,in the price you pay for a Motability car? It was when my son had one a few years ago.
Seems to be something fishy going on here.Fight it all the way.

Sorry but i’m confused…how the hell is your excess £600…most folks is 150…250 max…■■?..

SuperSmiley:
Sorry but i’m confused…how the hell is your excess £600…most folks is 150…250 max…■■?..

I think you can choose a higher excess to reduce your premium

If it is a disability car then it WILL be insured. What he was saying was that particular driver wasn’t insured, no the actual car.

Trucker beads:
Now the police arrive find out that the car is not insured for that driver, but because she wasnt in the car the wife is still left to blame.

If someone driver a car uninsured and parks it up and walks away and you go and hit it, then it’s still insured( as long as the vehicle is insured in someones name).

I’m no expert so please correct me if I am wrong

The excess only applies to the claim for your own car. The 3rd party claim will be fully covered by your insurance - even if it is 3rd party only. As said before - tell them everything and let them sort it out.

BTW I have a £500 excess on my car because it is worth so little that they would write it off for the sake of a dented panel.

Santa:
The excess only applies to the claim for your own car. The 3rd party claim will be fully covered by your insurance - even if it is 3rd party only. As said before - tell them everything and let them sort it out.

Yeh my insurance company said that to us.

Santa:
BTW I have a £500 excess on my car because it is worth so little that they would write it off for the sake of a dented panel.

I have an audi a4 and its still high :slight_smile: but i did want cheaper insurance so that option apealed to me.

Quick update…

The disability insurance got in touch with us today for more details, they are gonna start the proceeding with my insurance company… i phoned mine again to let them no what contact ive had.

Mine will be in contact with me as soon as there insurance has got in touch.

Will keep you updated.

When i go for a insurance renewal, i get quote with any excess. Then go for the cheapest one but usually call them up and ask them about reducing the excess.

Last year started out with a £550 excess, and one the phone got it down to £200 excess cost an extra £30 but is worth it if somthing happens.

Yeh true, worth looking into once this is all sorted i think. think they will put the premiums up much now she will be making a claim?? she has no, no claims to lose if it will put the insurance up to much ill just have to take her off it and be a taxi again :slight_smile:

the woman driving the car will 1 get six points and 2 get fined for driving the car with no insurance (plus the benefit of having to tell the insurance co what her points are for which they really don’t like cos you have tried to con them), then as stated the car gets lifted for no insurance. the owner/insured then has 14 days to claim the car back, by proving to the recovery co that they re insured for the vehicle. they then get hit with the £150 recovery fee and £15 pound a day storage.

As previously mentioned just because she’s not insured on the car doesn’t mean that it does not have a policy in place covering it by someone else so providing this is correct it is legal to park the vehicle its illegal for her as she is not covered on the policy.

ROG:
I am wondering if a clever lawyer could say that your wife is not responsible as the other car was illegally there in the first place.

I was told by our insurance company that I could drive a car not insured by anyone on my policy, It would be covered 3rd party only when I was in the car.

If I left it unattended it would have to be on private property or it would be classed as an uninsured vehicle.

If the car your wife bumped was insured by someone else then it could have been legally parked, I don’t think it would matter how it got there as long as there was a policy in existance for the car.

Thing is the car was parked illegally in my eyes, as it was opposite a emergency vehicles only bay, and if the ambulance needed to get in there it couldnt, also just behind the car the sign says no parking infront of garage, granted the car wasnt but been opposite a emergency vehicle bay is taken the pee, and because it was a disibillty car she had no right to park there as she aint disabled, mind u the guy who turned up saying it was his, he didnt look disabled either.

Think mr sledge hammer needs to come out…

steve45:
This could be your ‘get out clause’ because Motability are very, very strict about who use’s their leased cars. The person who receives DLA (Full rate mobility allowance) has to be driving the vehicle or has to be in it when it is being driven by someone who is a named driver on the insurance policy.

Many moons ago I was a “named main” driver on a Motabilty insurance policy. I have to agree on the strictness of the set up! They are VERY keen indeed.

When I was the driver the disabled person who the car was registered to HAD TO BE IN THE CAR. Although the rules may have have changed since, as I could also use the car on my own as long as it was for the business of the registered user, collecting prescriptions, appliances etc.

As I said though, things may have changed as it was a few years ago now.