How long have you had your class 1

January 1985 - cost £65

Dec 03 cost 640 for 2.5day course,retest cost 260.!! Passed that one!

19 years. Good god that makes me feel old

Passed mine September 2015 with lancing driver training, at the first attempt, glad it was as I was paying for it (declined my then bosses very generous offer to fund it, although they still gave me full pay for the week)
Training vehicle was a DAF 85, manual box with triaxle box trailer, first truck I drove after was a brand new Volvo fh draw bar

Did my class 2 with ep training near leatherhead back in 2005, a previous firm paid for that and again passed at first attempt.
Training vehicle was a merc atego 18t, 12speed range change I think. First truck after passing was an old R reg merc pile of ■■■■■■

Dr Damon:
[
I had the same. I had been driving an 8.5 ton Bedford TK for about a year which at the time you could drive on a car licence then they changed it to 7.5 and I got a licence that covered me up to 10 tons gross. Free!

Sane here, that what led me onto the road to ruin …

October 96 class 1 £731.

1985 and class 2 in 1980.Ironically the heaviest trucks I ever drove were 3 axle 38t gross rigid special types and 5 axle drawbars.Would have been happy to avoid overrated artics completely if the opportunities had been there to do it. :wink:

Nov '85, used on and off until April '07. That’s probably it now unless I’m paid off.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

238 years

Never took a class 1 test.
Passed a driving test in the army in’62, the licence then covered all groups.
Took another test in a tank in '67 which gave me class H.
I was driving class 1’s in civvy street in 1970 when my all groups licence covered it, then when the new licences came out I qualified under grandfather rights.
Now been driving class 1 for 47 years, is it about time I took a test?

Nah!, it is possible that you have probably got the hang of it by now :slight_smile:

Only January 2017 so a spring chicken at this game, although class 2 in Dec 2015. Really not sure why I didn’t learn from the class 2 lesson but someone on here said class 1 work was easier so I blame TN. Age - think I was also 4 when Robroy passed his so on a par with Blue Estate.

As for taking a test, god no! You’d see all the things you can’t do like opening the truck door to reverse (looks at Juddian) etc.

2003 passed first time .

1972, got it from the army, when I was 18, too ■■■■■■■ long, hopefully retire soon, been driving for 45 years now, had enough, it’s not like it was.

Sapper

1986 only got my HGV license a week before my test, did my weekly tution with no license!!!

3 years.
Cant find a job tho.

Surrey class 2 is better paid and no nights out.

2k down the drain.

May 94 straight to class 1

Dan ze Man:
3 years.
Cant find a job tho.

2k down the drain.

Maybe you need to ■■■■ up a tramping job for a while, to get experience and see where the work is?
I just googled ‘surrey hauliers’

Since 1980 ! Let it lapse when I wa 60 but had second thoughts and got it back this year ! Just in cae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shandy123:

Dan ze Man:
3 years.
Cant find a job tho.

2k down the drain.

Maybe you need to ■■■■ up a tramping job for a while, to get experience and see where the work is?
I just googled ‘surrey hauliers’

thx for the idea.

Im starting new job next year. Water engineer. no more driving for some time for me.