How do people choose a truck?

if i drove for a company then it would be comfortable to drive decent sized engine and plenty of room with a good bed as i used to tramp then a fitted fridge would be nice and plenty of storage.from a wannabe owner drivers point of view id be looking for somthing in good condition mechanically and bodiley also backup and warrenty are important factors .ive always liked volvo,s and my dream truck would be a F16 globetrotter :laughing:

how do you choose a truck

I just go to the key cabinet and, eeny meeny, miney, that one will do it doesnt have a minging cab.

Seriously, i guess it also depends on what work you do, if you only do say days, then really you just want something thats comfy and goes ok. If youre doing nights out you want something spacious and secure as well as comfy.

Then as already said it depends who’s paying the bills, if a firm is buying it for you, as a drive you want reliability, comfort all the toys you can get. If you’re buying then you want the best deal for your budget too, which includes service and running costs.

It’s just the same as buying a car to be honest.

pity Lancia don’t make trucks

FYI they do (sort of) Lancia is a Subsidiary [sp] of Fiat, who own a share in Iveco.

Iveco - No thanks! Cheap rattly heaps of junk that break all the time. Electronics are not well tested and give continuous problems. Big cabs though

blacktopjunkie:
, pity Lancia don’t make trucks.

They do. They’re called Ivecos :slight_smile:

Isn’t everything Italian Fiat nowadays?

Salut, David.

Many Lancia owners reported their brand new cars stolen the day after purchase. Only the metal parts were missing though, and a strange brown stain was left on the road where the car once stood. :laughing:

dennisw1:
Many Lancia owners reported their brand new cars stolen the day after purchase. Only the metal parts were missing though, and a strange brown stain was left on the road where the car once stood. :laughing:

The Lancia Beta front cross member syndrome. Know it well.

Fortunately, NOT from personal experience.

I think Lancia were forced to recall all of them by the Italian government, and why they dont import cars here anymore.