How can i split breaks

how can i split breaks

you can split a 45 min break into two or three parts, the minimum time needs to be 15 minutes

in what way■■? how do you want to split them■■? 15 mins, half hour? split daily rest??

u could if wanted to… put your chart in drive for 1 min " yes 1 minute" stop and have half hour break, driver then for 4 hrs 29 mins then have a 15 min break, drive agian for 4.5hrs again,
min breaks have to be 15 mins , nothing less counts, you can now have a 22 min break and a 23 min break in 4.5 hrs to give you your 4.5 hr break,
if you have more than 4 hours rest in the day i.e 1 hr then 3 hrs, or say 1 hr,and 2 hrs and 1 hr…you can have a daily break of 8 hrs with no pay back “split daily rest” but each break must be a min of 1 hr, and a total of 4 hrs, to reduce to a 8 hr daily rest and a 16 hr daily spred, with no pay back,
that make any sence to you mate■■?

globby 480:
if you have more than 4 hours rest in the day i.e 1 hr then 3 hrs,

Yep, that’sfine.

globby 480:
or say

Oh, oh, I feel it’s about to go wrong. :wink: :smiley:

globby 480:
1 hr,and 2 hrs and 1 hr…

Yep, it went wrong. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Can’t do that, you can only split the daily rest into 3 parts. The shortest must be not less than one hour and the last one must be at least 8 hours. To make up the 4 hours it can be a single break or any combination of 2 breaks, of at least 1 hour. 1.5 + 2.5, 1 + 3, 2 + 2, 1 hr 20 mins + 2 hrs 40 mins etc etc. Although of course a single break of 4 hours works as well.

Using the 1 + 2 + 1, along with an 8, you mentioned would mean splitting the rest into four parts and that isn’t allowed

You can also use a split rest if you have had 3 hours of breaks during the day, again not more than 2 breaks, and then take a 9 hour daily rest. That way you can do a 9 without using one of the 3 allowed reductions.

or to really mess his head up on a 15 hr day 1hr 20 plus 2hrs 10 =3.5 hrs then 8.5 hr rest at the end of the day =12 hrs rest ie split break

basicly a split daily break is 12 on 12 off in 2 or 3 breaks the 3rd or second part being a minimum 8 hrs

alix776:
or to really mess his head up on a 15 hr day 1hr 20 plus 2hrs 10 =3.5 hrs then 8.5 hr rest at the end of the day =12 hrs rest ie split break

basicly a split daily break is 12 on 12 off in 2 or 3 breaks the 3rd or second part being a minimum 8 hrs

christ his head will be spinning round by now and you go and chuck this one at him. :laughing: :laughing:

container drivers special

malcolm:
how can i split breaks

Lucky you didn’t face that question on your theory test hey !!

mike c…lol i did, face the question in the test :cry: :cry:
yep i got it wrong coffee with all that typing etc but you knew where i was a coming from boss,
but still saying that coffee … even with the vosa them selfs “ask jessicas dad” i am now a worlds expert on tachos “lol”
i have always run it like that a total of 4 hrs be it spilt into 1 hrs or 2 hrs etc, and never had a problem with it even with vosa checking all charts , mind you it did cost me 1k in fines lol, but not due to the split daily rest either, but as you say and right you are aswell :wink: , regards spilt 3 times,