my breaks

hi guys and girls. So quick question when i take my first break of 15 and 2nd 30min. When i wipe slate clean when i take my 2nd breaks can i take a FULL 45min break??, or does it have to be same order as 1st breaks? Cheers guys :smiley:

Yes you can take a full 45 mins no later than 4.5 hours of driving.

Driving time breaks can be 45 or 15 + 30 for any driving period within the shift - the choice is yours and can be done in what way suits best

As long as you like, as long as it’s over 30 minutes. I managed an hour & a half yesterday on Lymm Services.
Gonna do at least an hour today as well.

davy1111:
hi guys and girls. So quick question when i take my first break of 15 and 2nd 30min. When i wipe slate clean when i take my 2nd breaks can i take a FULL 45min break??, or does it have to be same order as 1st breaks? Cheers guys :smiley:

If you’ve done some driving even if it’s just one minute, you can have a 45 minute break at any time and it will reset your accumulated driving time to 0 (zero).

You can have the driving break in 2 parts (split driving break) if you want to, the first part must be at-least 15 minutes but less than 45 minutes, the second part of a split driving break can be any length of time as long as it’s 30 minutes or more.

If the second part of a split driving break is 45 minutes or more it has exactly the same effect as if it was a 30 minute break, it resets the accumulated driving time to 0.

martinviking:
I managed an hour & a half yesterday on Lymm Services.

I got 6 hours in once on the hard shoulder of the M6 :smiley:

I’m sure some of the more experienced drivers will be able to dwarf both of them though.

You got 6 hours driving in before taking a 45?

No, if you reread it terry he says he was on the hard shoulder!

:laughing: my fault read that to quickly :laughing: