How about making a guide?

Was thinking today about writing a guide for people who are just about to go onto euro driving or for someone going to a new country. Things like procedures at ports and Swiss customs. Entering and exiting certain parts of France where you have to go through the layby and so on and so forth.

There are similar things on the newbie board

As an idea i wonder if it is feasable with Trucknet? and sticking it to the top of the board if we all chip in with guides to each different part of the world we travel.

What do you think?

TRY takeing a look at the useful links site and FAQ site

here is a lot of information stored one just has to take

a look,also here on the euro site by reading past posts

you will be able to see such information,

Spacemonkeypg:
Was thinking today about writing a guide for people who are just about to go onto euro driving or for someone going to a new country. Things like procedures at ports and Swiss customs. Entering and exiting certain parts of France where you have to go through the layby and so on and so forth.

An excellent idea. I suggested something similar when I first found the site in…

a former decade :smiley: but the only person who took the bait was Neil, and it never really caught on. The only time I’ve been through Dover was driving a minibus on a ‘booze cruise’. I’ve also been there when I was trying to return an artic which we had ‘half inched’ from their compound on the Industrial Estate, and, on returning it, found it closed. But that’s another story. :wink:

Even from the paperwork side of things. I did my International CPC a quarter of a Century ago, and more. So much of what I learnt then is probably no longer applicable.

What to hand in where, and to whom, and which lane to follow? Would always be my concerns.

If you’re willing to do it, and others, perhaps with the inclusion of some (low resolution) photographs, then I’d be more than happy to construct it into a portfolio.

Even making ot ‘downloadable’.

Looking through previous posts is a bit long-winded and laborious, and also a little bit ominous to someone who hasnt driven in Europe before, so thats why I thought an all-in-one guide might be a good idea.

As a suggestion, if anyone wants to emails me their bits of information on whichever country they drive in usually, I will put it all together and hopefully the mods can make it a sticky post.

Examples of useful info relevant to each country would be procedures at border controls, info on vignettes/benelux tax or equivalent, restrictions on driving times/days, port entry/exit procedures, anything else which is particular to a country that you think is relevant.

hows it going at BY`s
jon

I think this is a great idea. Very handy to have a guide like this flung on the dash that you could pick up and have a look through, even just for reassurance, on something that you may already know, a bit like a second opinion.
[/quote]