European Driving

Hi everybody. I’m about to start a new job where I might be needed to do runs to the continent. Will be driving Class 2 vehicles. Is there any advice that people could give me? What should I take with me? What should I look out for? etc etc… I have never driven abroad before. Many thanks. :slight_smile:

I would start here: transportsfriend.org/int/cou … tions.html
Click on the country or countries you are passing through. Really helpful information IMHO

Drive on the right :smiley:

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Drive on the right :smiley:

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I nearly said that you get a lot less hassle when you drive on the wrong side of the road, then thought someone else was bound to!

Keep tachos spot on,if pulled over remain polite and open the cab door and offer to shake the hand this can go a long eay to finding a trivial offence to being stuck there for days paying the court deposit at the road side and if have no records for the last 28 days ask the boss for an activity attestation.The parking is free and the food is top notch and a waiter service at truck.stops and try the Rouitiers in France.

No photocopies of the truck documents must be the originals and take correct euro permit as one stays in the office the other you keep in the cab,i fitted a safe under the bunk in the cab floor to secure valuables like the fuel cards or if leave the cab take them with you.If you have room take a bike for your weekly rest as it gets you outThe of a service area.The toll roads are very good but the free national roads are slow and tedious with farm traffic and lots of round abouts to slow you down and waste of fuel and time.