Hours

I do agency work atm and l am driving for Tesco, no problem. Work has got a bit thin on the ground so l am driving the big refuse lorries for another agency. l guess the driver hours are completely different but l have come back from work today having driven non stop for 11 and a half hours without a break!?!
Anyone else out there drive refuse lorries?

grovegarage:
I do agency work atm and l am driving for Tesco, no problem. Work has got a bit thin on the ground so l am driving the big refuse lorries for another agency. l guess the driver hours are completely different but l have come back from work today having driven non stop for 11 and a half hours without a break!?!
Anyone else out there drive refuse lorries?

Under the WTD (not RT(WTD)R) there are no legal break requirements from what I can see (maybe I aint looking hard enough) - only recommendations for breaks

Me thinks that is illegal
VOSA GUIDE

Domestic driving limits
Driving is defined as being at the controls of a vehicle for the purposes of controlling its movement,
whether it is moving or stationary with the engine running, even for a short period of time.

Daily driving In any working day the maximum amount of driving permitted is 10 hours. The daily driving limit applies to driving on and off the public road.

Rog’s correct. Domestic rules state that your total daily shift time can not exceed 11 hours, and daily driving must not exceed 10 hours.

Personally, i cant see that you have driven for 11 and a half hours solid. You must have made regular stops to collect the refuse. If you get out of the cab to collect, you’re not in control of the vehicle so that doesn’t count towards your driving allowance, that is ‘other work’ (that’s how i understand it anyway).