Hours Q; legal or not

I`m not a fan of working weeks which involve split rest periods, as it gives me headaches keeping track.

Week 1: work M-F 26/5 - 30/5 … rest 31/5 & 1/6

Week 2: work Mon 2/6, Tues3/6, Thurs 5/6, Sat 7/6, & Sun 8/6 …Rest Weds 4/6, & Fri 6/6

I`m asuming its ok to work legally tommorrow, Y/N??

but what about a 6th shift sat 14/6 or sun 15/6■■

The way I see this is that you had full 45 rest 31/5 & 1/6
You had reduced rest wed 4/6 but was under 45 - was shortfall added onto Fri 6/6 :question: which then made a full 45 so you can start again from scratch on Sat 7/6 - it’s got me confused now :confused: :confused:
I don’t know whether the reduced part of a weekly rest can be added to a daily one and is therefore deemed as starting from scratch again :confused: :unamused:

• where is tachograph or geebee45 when you need them :wink:
    EDIT - I would have included coffeeholic but I thought he was ‘resting’ :unamused: :wink:
    PS - either way you can drive mon tue wed thu but not fri as that would be 7 days in a row

ROG:
I don’t know whether the reduced part of a weekly rest can be added to a daily one and is therefore deemed as starting from scratch again :confused: :unamused:

Compensation for reduced weekly rest can be attached to a 9 hr rest period

26Mo - W
27Tu - W
28We - W
29Th - W
30Fr - W
31Sa - R
01Su - R Assuming a full 45 here.

02Mo - W
03Tu - W
04We - R Assuming 24h here.
05Th - W
06Fr - R Assuming 24h here.
07Sa - W
08Su - W

“Any reductions must be compensated in one block by an equivalent rest added to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week, following the week in question.”

09Mo - ?
10Tu - ?
11We - ?
12Th - ?
13Fr - ?
14Sa - ?
15 Su - ?

Where are you Coffeeholic!

Actually can you add some times to these days? I might be able to get my head round it then.

macplaxton:
Actually can you add some times to these days? I might be able to get my head round it then.

i was just thinking that. the times you finish for your rest and then start work again would do for now!

peirre:
I`m not a fan of working weeks which involve split rest periods, as it gives me headaches keeping track.

Stop getting the headaches worrying about something you can’t do any way. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: You can only split daily rest periods, weekly rest is either regular, at least 45 hours, or reduced, at least 24 hours, and cannot be split as such.

peirre:
I`m asuming its ok to work legally tommorrow, Y/N??

Yes. You resumed work Saturday after a reduced weekly rest period so can work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday before you need to take another weekly rest period. That will have to be a regular weekly rest of at least 45 hours as you had a reduced rest week ending 8/06/08 and you cannot have a reduced rest in two consecutive weeks.

Alternatively you could count the Wednesday as your weekly rest with the rest on Friday as a daily rest period + compensation for the reduced rest on the Wednesday, which means you can still work tomorrow and Tuesday but will need a regular weekly rest after finishing work Tuesday.

If you go for the first option you will need to compensate for the reduced weekly rest you took on Friday by adding the hours onto another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of week ending 29/06/08, the end of the third week following the reduction. I’m guessing you will have about 9 or 10 hours to compensate for if you finished Thursday evening and resumed Saturday morning, although it could be more if you finished late Thursday and started early Saturday.

peirre:
but what about a 6th shift sat 14/6 or sun 15/6■■

That will depend on when you take your weekly rest this week. Take it after finishing work Tuesday and you will be able to do both the Saturday and the Sunday. Take it after finishing Thursday and the Saturday would probably not be a day you could work, although it would depend on finishing time Thursday and proposed start time on Saturday.

macplaxton:
26Mo - W
27Tu - W
28We - W
29Th - W
30Fr - W
31Sa - R

02Mo - W
03Tu - W
05Th - W
07Sa - W
08Su - W

“Any reductions must be compensated in one block by an equivalent rest added to another rest period of at least 9 hours before the end of the third week, following the week in question.”

09Mo - ?
10Tu - ?
11We - ?
12Th - ?
13Fr - ?
14Sa - ?
15 Su - ?

Sorry Mac
I should`ve added em in
26 Mo - W - 06:30 -18:30
27Tu - W - 06:30 - 14:45
28We - W - 06:00 - 12:15
29Th - W - 08:30 - 17:45
30Fr - W - 08:30 - 21:00
31Sa - R

02Mo - W - 07:00 - 19:00
03Tu - W - 07:00 - 19:30
05Th - W - 07:30 - 15:45
07Sa - W 07:00 - 17:30
08Su - W - 05:30 - 16:15

09Mo - ?
10Tu - ?
11We - ?
12Th - ?
13Fr - ?
14Sa - ?
15 Su - ?

peirre:
05Th - W - 07:30 - 15:45
07Sa - W 07:00 - 17:30

Ignore this bit in my post above

Alternatively you could count the Wednesday as your weekly rest with the rest on Friday as a daily rest period + compensation for the reduced rest on the Wednesday, which means you can still work tomorrow and Tuesday but will need a regular weekly rest after finishing work Tuesday.

and just go with the fact you can work until Thursday before you need your next weekly rest. :wink:

Thanks …thats a relief

now Im off to check the weather forcast for next weekend for somewhere to party, as it looks like Ive got a long weekend off somewhere on the motorbike :wink:

peirre:
Sorry Mac, I should`ve added em in

Don’t worry about it, it just makes the answer more concise rather than second guessing everything. We got there in the end.

I’m off to do some maths. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doh, after all that… I`m sat at home not working :unamused:

^^^^ I know the feeling! :unamused: :frowning: