Legal or not ?

Just done 6 shifts back to back, started Friday at 1400 and finished Thursday at 0130. All daily rests where 11 hours or more.

Started my weekly rest Thursday morning 0130 expect it to end 1200 Saturday giving 60 odd hours rest.

I am 99% sure the above is ok.

But, can I work from 1200 to 0000 on Saturday, start my weekly rest again and then start 1400 on Monday and do 5 or 6 shifts again?

Think it shoud be ok as I would have had 38 hours rest and compensating for the reduction when I have a weeks holiday in June.

Thanks

Wayne.

Afaik you can do this.

I’m no Coffeeholic, but it looks OK to me.

The relevant rules are:

1. No more than 6 shifts between weekly rests - which you are observing - the second (reduced) weekly rest resets the counter, so Monday’s shift can be the first of six.
  2. Each (rolling) fortnight must have at least either two full weekly rests, or a full rest plus a reduced rest. You’re having a full rest in the first week, and the second (reduced) rest between Sat and Mon is irrelevant for this rule. I think you can probably reduce your rest at the end of the second week if you wish (provided that you compensate for the reduction).
  3. If you do six shifts in the second week, your reduced weekly rest will have to be compensated for by the end of the third week following the first week. If you only do five, then it can count as a very long daily rest, and therefore doesn’t need to be compensated for.

I thought it should be ok, but have not worked this way before so needed some confirmation.

Bloody rules and regs do your head in some times.

Thanks guys.

Wayne.

Wayne:
Started my weekly rest Thursday morning 0130 expect it to end 1200 Saturday giving 60 odd hours rest.

I don’t think 58.5 hours is 60 odd? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Wayne:

I don’t think 58.5 hours is 60 odd? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Its Wales Neil, they’re all metric now!

We are also all odd in the head boyo. :wink: :wink: .

I take it you approve coffee.

Wayne

Wayne:

Sorry, I didn’t read the whole thing so I don’t know. I just spotted that bit so went into pedant mode as your fellow countryman is absent from his job again. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Wayne:

Sorry, I didn’t read the whole thing so I don’t know. I just spotted that bit so went into pedant mode as your fellow countryman is absent from his job again. :wink: :smiley:

Which one is absent now?

Reef, the official TruckNet pedant. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

See now heres the problem with making somebody “Official”. :open_mouth:

Once they get the title they slack off :laughing: :wink:

Time to adjust his title me thinks Mr Moderator :wink:

Something tells me Coffeeholic has gone on sympathy strike with Tesco Livingston drivers :wink:

Coffeeholic:

I must have missed some thing, what happened with Reef?

Wayne:

Coffeeholic:

He done to many hours, he’s now on his legal break !!!

MrFlibble:
Something tells me Coffeeholic has gone on sympathy strike with Tesco Livingston drivers :wink:

No [zb] way. :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

Wayne:

Coffeeholic:

Nothing, he just isn’t online at the moment. I think he is letting work come between him and his internet time. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Wayne:

Coffeeholic:

Nothing, he just isn’t online at the moment. I think he is letting work come between him and his internet time. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

it’s not his work keeping him busy…

:wink:

Coffeeholic:

MrFlibble:

No [zb] way. :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

Why you say that, would it be because that are lazy ■■■■■ like the drivers at Magor.

I can’t belive what they get away with at Magor :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

I can’t belive what they get away with at Magor

You know what, i know i said the same thing that Middlewich drivrs get away with a lot but we should ALL be like that. Its mostly because most of us are chased pillar to post for x amount of hours a day that we think they have it easy. If you compare what they (Tescos drivers) do in a day to what a plumber/electrician/shopfitter/fork truck driver etc. does its still a days work. Problem is its almost industry standard now that if a wagon driver won’t put in a 13 hour day that he’s not a proper lorry driver. I know, before anyone says it, i aint a proper lorry driver !!! They all get a meal break and facilitys as well.
I can’t believe that there has been no trouble there yet, their employer has give them a pay cut, they strike, and someone else comes in to do the job? Yeah right.

Wayne:
Why you say that, would it be because that are lazy [zb] like the drivers at Magor.

No, I would have a cheek calling anyone lazy given how little I have to do to earn a living these days.