Honest John...Part deux

And now the piece du resistance…

I have had my account with the Honest John site suspended,for daring to speak out against their anti truck views. :confused:

They quite willingly,let car drivers slate us off,when they know nothing about how a truck operates,but as soon as you counter point,they either delete the thread,or,in my case,ban you.

Or if you post a thread that is of benefit to EVERY motorist,they move it,and don’t let you know where it is,because unlike this site,they don’t have a shadow facility to enable you to find it.

What a pathetic bunch of losers. :angry:

I’m starting to feel like the Knapster.!!! :laughing:

If anyone would like to see the e.mails I got sent,then unless Rikki will allow me to post them,feel free to pm me.

Ken.

Just to clarify, the ‘Rules’ on Personal Messages (and emails between members) was largely initiated by myself, on the basis that if anyone chose to send a Personal Message, then it should remain as such. i.e. Personal. And to a greater extent this would also apply to messages sent within forums serving the same occupational ‘family’, to which many of us are also registered.

There is no rule that prevents other external communication being ‘published’. Indeed, emails to and from, M.P.'S, the DfT, etc, have been posted without adverse comment. Indeed, they have been welcomed.

I certainly wouldn’t consider anything from Honest John, or Safespeed, or other such forums as being within the ‘occupational family’ of TruckNetUK and therefore wouldn’t object to correspondence being put into the Public Domain. All that we would ask is that is that any comments or conclusions resulting would be phrased constructively so as not to be considered defamatory or libellous.

Now, if you would like to post your latest correspondence between your Bank and yourself, i.e. Your statement, together with your telephone passwords and your PIN number, then by all means do so. :wink: :smiley:

Many thanks for the clarification on that Krankee,and I have posted the e.mails below,and the links to the relevant threads on both their site,and ours,for our membership to read.

As for the bank account…

Well,if you want to know why it would be at zero,you’d better ask the wife…(Tin 'at applied… :smiley: )

honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ … =2&t=58311

honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ … =2&t=58339

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27216

And now thw e.mails:

Is this is your post on the Truckers’ website ?

"And now the thread has been locked,in a typical way by the mods on the site.

Always the same when there is a counter argument on that site,as I have noticed,and commented on before.

Ken."

Happy to listen to any representations = if you don’t like the way this site is run, you can always vote with your feet !

Your original post was “hidden” as I recalled a similar link in one of the fuel threads and intended to link it to that, In the meantime I then read a post that was attributed to “quinny” on the Truckers’ website - so I wasn’t going to sort it until you’d been in touch. If it is you that’s posted on the Truckers’ site I am very disappointed that any issues you had with the way the other thread was moderated that you chose to moan about it elsewhere rather than complain to one of us here. A soon as we have a response from you one of us may unlock your fuel post (or make the effort to find the original posted link.) Basically if what I’m saying is that if you want to continue to post on HJ’s thread try not to stir elsewhere.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:50:42 +0000
To: kquinn@f2s.com
Cc: letters@honestjohn.co.uk
Subject: Attitude to the BR

Quinny,

Is this is your post on the Truckers’ website ?

"And now the thread has been locked,in a typical way by the mods on the site.

Always the same when there is a counter argument on that site,as I have noticed,and commented on before.

Ken."

Happy to listen to any representations = if you don’t like the way this site is run, you can always vote with your feet !

Ken,

Following your lack of response and in consultation with other Mods and HJ. Your account has been disabled. Please e-mail one of us (including HJ) if you feel you’ve treated unjustly.

Rob.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ken.

Quinny:
Basically if what I’m saying is that if you want to continue to post on HJ’s thread try not to stir elsewhere.

Does anyone else read this as meaning:-

‘be a good boy, follow the rest, don’t upset the apple cart’.

The whole point of any forum is that all and sundry can post their views, and if you don’t agree you argue your corner. Having a forum in which everyone says the same thing and no-one is allowed to counter the argument is pointless.

Stan

Krankee:
Now, if you would like to post your latest correspondence between your Bank and yourself, i.e. Your statement, together with your telephone passwords and your PIN number, then by all means do so. :wink: :smiley:

No need, I already have all the details I need to keep me busy over Christmas, came across a couple of CD’s in a pub in the North East :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

Stanley Knife:

Quinny:
Basically if what I’m saying is that if you want to continue to post on HJ’s thread try not to stir elsewhere.

Does anyone else read this as meaning:-

‘be a good boy, follow the rest, don’t upset the apple cart’.

The whole point of any forum is that all and sundry can post their views, and if you don’t agree you argue your corner. Having a forum in which everyone says the same thing and no-one is allowed to counter the argument is pointless.

If you truly believe that then you need your head examining!

All forums work on a “whether your face fits” and “you must agree with everyone else” principles. If you say things that go against the grain and don’t fit the owners’ and mods own agenda then you’ll quickly find yourself out in the cold unable to get in.

Rebel:

Stanley Knife:

All forums work on a “whether your face fits” and “you must agree with everyone else” principles. If you say things that go against the grain and don’t fit the owners’ and mods own agenda then you’ll quickly find yourself out in the cold unable to get in.

You’ve just argued my whole point - thanks.

Stan

PS: Head has been seen to - hamster 's fed and watered. :laughing:

Rebel:

Totally disagree .

ORRP.COM

Offroading and general landrover site .
Unmoderated forum , say what you like about anything no matter how controversial it is . It won’t get locked , deleted and you won’t get banned etc …
If anyone argues back then feel free to counter argue .
You will often find some people agree with you whilst others don’t and no moderators get involved at all .
It works .

paul@midway:

Rebel:

Totally disagree .

ORRP.COM

Offroading and general landrover site .
Unmoderated forum , say what you like about anything no matter how controversial it is . It won’t get locked , deleted and you won’t get banned etc …
If anyone argues back then feel free to counter argue .
You will often find some people agree with you whilst others don’t and no moderators get involved at all .
It works .

Thats it… :imp:
You’re banned :smiling_imp:
Disagreeing indeed …Tussshhhh
What are you ?
French or something ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Just had a look see and found this.

Four or Five years ago I remember signing for a delivery in the UK from a truck from Stuttgart at about 9.00 AM. The next day at about 9.00 AM another delivery. Same driver, same truck. Surprised, I natually asked him the obvious question…and yup he had been back to Stuttgart and returned to the UK in 24 hrs. I quizzed him a bit about it and from what I could understand he was a “casual” driver and just took jobs as and when. Looked pretty tired mind. Scary !

Now I am sure that this driver must be worth his weight in gold to many companies. I doubt anyone can do the UK to Stuttgart and back in a 24 hour period :stuck_out_tongue: Or am I getting old? :smiley:

The other bit I noticed was about Paul Smith of Safespeed :frowning:

Wheel Nut:
Just had a look see and found this.

Four or Five years ago I remember signing for a delivery in the UK from a truck from Stuttgart at about 9.00 AM. The next day at about 9.00 AM another delivery. Same driver, same truck. Surprised, I natually asked him the obvious question…and yup he had been back to Stuttgart and returned to the UK in 24 hrs. I quizzed him a bit about it and from what I could understand he was a “casual” driver and just took jobs as and when. Looked pretty tired mind. Scary !

Now I am sure that this driver must be worth his weight in gold to many companies. I doubt anyone can do the UK to Stuttgart and back in a 24 hour period :stuck_out_tongue: Or am I getting old? :smiley:

The other bit I noticed was about Paul Smith of Safespeed :frowning:

I put Dover to Stuttgart into the route finder - 475miles, giving a return trip of 950miles. In 24 hours that gives a 39.5mph average speed. That of course doesn’t include the time stopped on the ferry or indeed the time loading and unloading. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Mind you best not let the facts get in the way of a good story! :unamused: :unamused: