Help with Merc Computer Dash!

Hi looking for some information on a atego computer dash, the one that is next to the tacho. Just before xmas it stopped working, its tells us there’s no fuel, air, revs etc and doesn’t light up at night, neither does the tacho, but the tacho is still showing the speed we are going at. Checked all the fuses, none off them have blown. The atego has been to three different garages, still no luck. Phoned the local merc dealer which is 120 miles away, and all we got its not the computer it’s a fuse (which one?), and they are too busy to look at it. Not really handy, Its really starting worry us, as a fan belt could brake van could overheat and we would know about it until we see white smoke in the mirrors.

Has any one on this message board had any problems with this before, or does anyone know where I can download a wiring digram for an atego off the web. Or does any one know where an atego is in a scrap yard, so we could get the computer and try it, instead of paying £620 plus vat from merc, too find out its not the computer and its been a dodgy earth, hence the reason wiring guide would be helpful.

Thanks

Graham.

r900ver:
Has any one on this message board had any problems with this before…

Yes Graham, I had this kind of problem last year with the computer on on of our ‘02’-reg 2528s which was my allocated wagon at the time. The computer would cut the throttle off, cut the speedo off, cut the power assistance on both the gears and steering and cut the limiter out at random. It returned to Enza (local Merc dealer) three times, and after each visit they promised it had been sorted, even though it wasn’t.

In the end they did finally sort it, on about the fourth time of asking, and it turned out that believe it or not, it was something to do with the gearbox - I think it was a sensor, maybe an output sensor (if that makes any ‘sense’) although as it’s a while ago now I can’t remember exactly. It was definitely something related to the gearbox though.

Hope this helps, I know how annoying it can be to drive one like this.