Merc Atego Fault Help Please

Hi,
i own a 2004 Merc atego 2628.
Its down on power
When i turn on ignition it says FR Overrev warning restricted, then visit workshop soon.
I dont want to spend a fortune at Mercs as i`ve only got 3 months left with the truck.
Can anybody shed any light on the fault
much appreciated

mixer driver too:
Hi,
i own a 2004 Merc atego 2628.
Its down on power
When i turn on ignition it says FR Overrev warning restricted, then visit workshop soon.
I dont want to spend a fortune at Mercs as i`ve only got 3 months left with the truck.
Can anybody shed any light on the fault
much appreciated

Is there a fault number with it?

Is it one of those autoshift things?

We had problems with too much rpm’s, and got them to fix it for free, as it was supposed to shift itself. :unamused:

They did try to blame it on driver error…

No Autoshift. 6 speed manual with splitter

No fault number. Just what I described.
It goes away when you start engine and doesn`t appear again till next day when you turn on ignition
My garage cant find any faults but its right down on power.
First they said turbo. Changed that. Still the same. put old turbo back on.
Then cleaned out 2 year old intercooler still the same. Also changed boost pressure sensor

Im not sure if this is the same problem I had with mine, but it sounds the same. Mine wanted a ecu :frowning:
I found this helpfull to:

www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/trucks/ … 22462.html

don’t you have to go into the menu’s to find the fault number, been 2 years scince i drove a merc so could be wrong

Somewhere near the boost sensor there should be a temp sensor for the air as well. If you can find a fault number ill look it up for you tomorrow. As has been said above some mercs have diagnostics in onboard computer. Escape button, up/down arrows and an enter button

I`ve been in onboard Diagnostics and looked in FR.
When I looked in faults its says “not available”
One part of diagnostic FR says MB which means Merc part number,
The part number it gave was the 10 digit number for the ECU which I checked with Mercs Parts
Newcastle Paul could be right

Dont jump the gun. Normally when merc engine ecu goes down it shuts off couple of cylinders. To me it sounds like a speed sensor. Possibly crankshaft but more than likely camshaft. Thats why it comes on when you first start up and then goes out. It cant find one but then finds the other. For proper diagnosis its a plug in job though

kitbuilder123:
Dont jump the gun. Normally when merc engine ecu goes down it shuts off couple of cylinders. To me it sounds like a speed sensor. Possibly crankshaft but more than likely camshaft. Thats why it comes on when you first start up and then goes out. It cant find one but then finds the other. For proper diagnosis its a plug in job though

Thanks for that. Fault came up again this morning. Then went away on start up and no sign of it anywhere in fault menu and diagnostics.
I hope its stored somewhere because its booked in to mercs Tuesday morning for them to start it up.
Knowing my luck it wont appear

a can of petrol , rag , and matches should cure it, either that of leave it parked in croydon!

kitbuilder123:
Somewhere near the boost sensor there should be a temp sensor for the air as well. If you can find a fault number ill look it up for you tomorrow. As has been said above some mercs have diagnostics in onboard computer. Escape button, up/down arrows and an enter button

I managed to get a fault code today after the fault came up again.
It said " a 4145"
then using arrow buttons on dash" E 01" in top right corner with “a 0 4145” and " sensor! " underneath.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Finally found fault. For future reference merc fault 4145 is pto shaft sensor in the side of the gearbox