HELP please with Euro trucking

I’m starting a job doing euro work, I’ve done Germany twice but nowhere else in a truck. I know with Germany that you have DKV cards but we had Go boxes in our truck so we had no need to stop for tax.

What I need is help with is all the other countries, Spain France holland and the like. Any help you can give in detail would be a great help. I’m sure you can help me out as I can see from some posts I’ve read on here there are alot of knowledgeable lads out there willing to help a noob.
All countries welcome.

Many thanks.

what do you need to know about the other countries?

Noobo:
I’m starting a job doing euro work, I’ve done Germany twice but nowhere else in a truck. I know with Germany that you have DKV cards but we had Go boxes in our truck so we had no need to stop for tax.

What I need is help with is all the other countries, Spain France holland and the like. Any help you can give in detail would be a great help. I’m sure you can help me out as I can see from some posts I’ve read on here there are alot of knowledgeable lads out there willing to help a noob.
All countries welcome.

Many thanks.

How did you get to Germany :question:

Euro vignette required for Belgium Holland, Luxembourg, Sweden & Denmark. Available here

Germany requires you to use the MAUT available as either payg at border points, service areas and autohofs or my fitting a telematic box in the truck which pays your toll as you pass the sensors.

The Go Box is similar and required for Austria.

Other countries such as Czech Poland and Hungary also charge road tolls.

France Italy and Spain use the Peage system on the autoroutes

Driving bans are generally in force in each EU country at weekends, religious holidays and occasionally night time bans, Austria and Switzerland.

Switzerland is not in the EU but use many of the same rules, and simplified customs documents.

Beer is beer or bier in almost every country, food is either mange or essen.

“You must pay” is universal.

Bon Route.

Must have had the vin already on truck as we went through belg hol and dieseled up at Lux. Yeah there was a box that took the toll money out in Germany for us, was double manning so he told me about the box.
Most companies will have the belg, hol, lux thing sorted on the cab will they.
Are all motorways in Spain tolled or just some routes.
Thanks again for your time it really does help.

the vignets can be bought online for belg,holland, and lux so they would have done it before. its the companies resposibility aswell as the drivers to have it.

im not sure about toll roads in spain, i honestly cant remember usuing any on the way to barcelona but i was probably asleep. i would bet that its just lik ethe other countrys in that they have toll roads and then normal roads.

Noobo:
Must have had the vin already on truck as we went through belg hol and dieseled up at Lux. Yeah there was a box that took the toll money out in Germany for us, was double manning so he told me about the box.

Down to the driver I imagine, some companies may pay for it over the internet but unless you have the receipt or the reference number, how will you know. Expensive hobby without it, especially in Belgium, one transaction covers you for all the listed countries. ie, buy it in the UK or France and it covers you for B, L, NL, DK and S. It costs you €8 per day.

Most Autoroutes, Autopista, and Autostrada will incur a toll charge, nationals are generally free but may have weight or time restrictions imposed on them.

Simon and Brit Pete have done a sticky post about driving in Europe, some good advice, some differences of opinion about French maximum heights too :laughing:

There is also a long post about vehicle documentation, equipment and tricks of the trade.

Lots more info here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Noobo:

Down to the driver I imagine, some companies may pay for it over the internet but unless you have the receipt or the reference number, how will you know. Expensive hobby without it, especially in Belgium, one transaction covers you for all the listed countries. ie, buy it in the UK or France and it covers you for B, L, NL, DK and S. It costs you €8 per day.

Most Autoroutes, Autopista, and Autostrada will incur a toll charge, nationals are generally free but may have weight or time restrictions imposed on them.

Simon and Brit Pete have done a sticky post about driving in Europe, some good advice, some differences of opinion about French maximum heights too :laughing:

There is also a long post about vehicle documentation, equipment and tricks of the trade.

Lots more info here. :stuck_out_tongue:

see i dont ever have a ref number or recipet for the vig, i just usually ask the planner on the computer if he has got me one and if he says yes and it turns out he hasnt well its not my problem if i get caught without one…even though ill get all the {zb} from the police etc

Toll countries: F,E,P,I,SLO,SRB,HR,TR,GR,MK,N
Road Tax countries: H,CH,RO,PL,LT,BG
Euro Vignette countries: B,NL,LUX,DK,S
Electronic boxes: D,CZ,A,SK

Boxes can be obtained for F and I
Be aware that not all countries take DKV or UTA cards, although most will take Euro’s rather than local currency.

Think that covers most places. Hope it helps.

just watch out if you ever go to romania…they ar e abunch of robbing {zb}

We use a Via card for the tolls in Italy

Tell the tight [zb] to get you a telepass tag Stu, you dont need to slow down then :grimacing:

boot the headlight:
Tell the tight [zb] to get you a telepass tag Stu, you dont need to slow down then :grimacing:

I agree, get a telepass sorted.
I could only get through those peages at 50kmh though. Any faster than that and those machines wouldn’t read my telepass box. There were a few peages with heavy tyre marks while I was experimenting with max’ speed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: