HELP LONDON SE

I am very good going forward because i have been driving 18m for some time but my reversing is really letting me down especially bay reversing, I lost two chances because of it, is anyone willing to have me out with them just to have a proper insight, i w’ll take my tea just cant find the right line for the bay.— :confused: kennwilt@aol.com

where are you? if i can help you out, i will.
it takes a while to get used to reversing, and it dosn’t matter how long you’ve been in the job, you’ll have a bad day from time to time.

Yea as said above post where you are and someone might be able to help you out.

i’m no expert, but i would say always try reverse on drivers side so you can look out window instead of mirrors, always go as far away as possible to give you the most amount of room and try and get straight as early as possible so you can look down both sides of the truck with the mirrors to get your line.

Would they let you use the truck in your own time to go to a services when quiet and try back into bays?

It could be your mirrors are skew-if. I had an FH and could reveres it anywhere, first time every time. Easy peasy. My last truck was a super space. I could line up no problem with my offside mirror, but as soon as I checked in my nearside mirror I was way off. I would correct it only to find my offside was telling me the truth and my nearside was a lying ■■■■■. But for the life of me I couldn’t ignore the ■■■■■.

berewic:
It could be your mirrors are skew-if. I had an FH and could reveres it anywhere, first time every time. Easy peasy. My last truck was a super space. I could line up no problem with my offside mirror, but as soon as I checked in my nearside mirror I was way off. I would correct it only to find my offside was telling me the truth and my nearside was a lying ■■■■■. But for the life of me I couldn’t ignore the ■■■■■.

Funny you should say that. my daf tells me lies too.

I hate when you pull off a decent reverse that looks fine in one mirror but is a pig in the other one lol