Heavy haulage division auction

I have been sent this link about an auction that will be taking place in march, this is the link to the auction site.
malcolmharrison.co.uk/auctio … e-ltd.aspx
After the disastrous aftermath of a topic I started last week. I thought I would have a more gentle approach this time.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Very sad end to a long standing name in heavy haulage. And so sudden.

I agree, they will definitely be missed.

That’s a shock as you always see their trucks on the road

I’ve got to admit, I don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 of theirs with an empty flat.

A real shame :cry: At least by the looks of the auction mandate theyre attempting to sell it off as a going concern without breaking it up…

I agree, but on a side note, on another article that is discussing this item, it has been mentioned that ws transportation is apparently interested in it. Now obviously I’m not sure if this is true but it has been mentioned.

lizard:
I agree, but on a side note, on another article that is discussing this item, it has been mentioned that ws transportation is apparently interested in it. Now obviously I’m not sure if this is true but it has been mentioned.

I was speaking to one of Heanor’s drivers today, people have gotten the idea because a director left Heanors to go to WS transportation.

philgor:

lizard:

I was speaking to one of Heanor’s drivers today, people have gotten the idea because a director left Heanors to go to WS transportation.

Yeah I had heard that too, but was taking it with a pinch of salt.

I spoke to the owner of Heanor at the Lomas sale and he was upset,he said his manager? who had been long serving had left with a number of his top drivers to join WS Transportation ltd.
WS according to there latest audited accounts is technically insolvent (£1.15m)and they sold part of the vehicle fleet and went over to contract hire with the tractors to give them a one off cash injection of £1.7m.also William Stobart (not a director or shareholder)has lent the company £3.9m,it helps if you have a wealthy father to establish a business.

Gardner6LYT:
I spoke to the owner of Heanor at the Lomas sale and he was upset,he said his manager? who had been long serving had left with a number of his top drivers to join WS Transportation ltd.
WS according to there latest audited accounts is technically insolvent (£1.15m)and they sold part of the vehicle fleet and went over to contract hire with the tractors to give them a one off cash injection of £1.7m.also William Stobart (not a director or shareholder)has lent the company £3.9m,it helps if you have a wealthy father to establish a business.

But WS don’t do heavy haulage, so why would a driver that does heavy haulage leave to do standard road haulage when the wage is probably a lot better on the heavy side?

lizard:

Gardner6LYT:

But WS don’t do heavy haulage, so why would a driver that does heavy haulage leave to do standard road haulage when the wage is probably a lot better on the heavy side?

Have seen them with a good mix of unusual loads and heavy stuff so wouldn’t be surprised if some of Heanor drivers (not all there drivers do the heavy heavy stuff) jumped ship. Terms would of been similar I’d of thought.

Don’t forget WS is a 50% shareholder in Explore Transport lt,the other 50% belongs to Select PlantHire Ltd,part of Laing O’Rourke.

Is there any truth in this. I’m seeing reports on other sites that heanor have ceased trading. I’m asking questions but not getting any real answers or any links to the news.

Post reinstated.

The directors of Heanor Heavy Haulage have confirmed to Commercial Motor they will be closing down the haulage side of the business and looking to “diversify” into warehousing/storage.

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2017/0 … rehousing/

Sad loss as Heanors was one of the most innovative Heavy Haulage companies.

Thanks for reinstating this topic. Sorry for mouthing off last week. Can you merge the topic I started yesterday please. It’s titled.
Heavy haulage division auction.

Seems strange, given that they were so far removed from the fierce competition of the general haulage model, I guess heavy haulage is a sector in decline?

Harry Monk:
Seems strange, given that they were so far removed from the fierce competition of the general haulage model, I guess heavy haulage is a sector in decline?

Stobart can’t help themselves. They see a business, any business, they have an obsessive compulsion to go in and undercut it. Containers. Brick carriers. Car transporters. Airports. Trains…

The only term allowed on here to describe thus, is lady garden.

lizard:

Gardner6LYT:

also why would a number of heanors top drivers go to WS,they probably knew heanors was going bust but there could have been other issues,you never know

truckman020:

lizard:

Gardner6LYT:

also why would a number of heanors top drivers go to WS,they probably knew heanors was going bust but there could have been other issues,you never know

They haven’t gone bust from what I’ve read. The directors have decided to close shop on the haulage side of things (for whatever reason) and are now going to concentrate on the warehousing side of things.