Load auction websites

I’ve been toying with the idea of creating a website along the same lines of THIS site. Basically owners/companies can have a look and see if there are any loads near where they are that are going near to the same place as they are heading. The lorry will be making money rather than running back empty. Or you could simply use it to find work (not jobs) in general.

Since I would have thought that the main users of such sites would be owner drivers I though I’d ask in here do any of you use them or think you’d like to use a site like this?

I’m just trying to gather a bit of info on this type of project as if it is a dead end I won’t waste any time on it.

Cheers

28 views and not a sound■■?

Just want a quick count of who finds these useful and who doesn’t I’ve only found a couple of sites offering this service in the UK, and they and really basic looking sites. They all however seem to have loads up for transport.

Don’t know about this one, didn’t study it, but many of these sites work on a reverse auction principle. i.e. Shiply.

They are the scurge of the industry. There should never ever be any such thing as a back load rate. Every load is an out load to the sender.
They are driving rates down at a time they so desperately need to go up.

I’ve seen quotes on Shiply (for non HGV stuff) to move items from almost one end of the country to the other for £37. Ridiculous!

We already have Courier/Transport Exchange where there is some work although the rates are normally crap… :sunglasses:

And Teleroute/Timocom/courier exchange/ trans inter/raal trans/Elvis full load network/and daily emails from hauliers with trucks

Take my advice bin the idea. there are hundreds out there those are just the ones i use in my business and i get around 2-3 a week via email offering free membership any any concoction of choices of level of membership. teleroute costs me £100.00 per month flat rate. other might pay £50.00 then 55p to look at a possible load etc etc.

I agree, bin the idea… :sunglasses: