Haydock truckfest...........2009

winner of best owner driver… a lwb transit van that cuts grass and lays patios … wot are people thoughts ■■?

he won uttoxeter last year if i remember . It is a tidy van but surely it should be in a light commercial category ? Each to there own

yeah light commercial at the most not a ■■■■■■ owner driver… i never saw an o licence in the window… he not even a transport firm… hes a gardener :question: :unamused:

Tidy or not it is as you say a VAN…Why call it TRUCKfest if you can win with a transit, these shows are a joke now :imp: :imp: :imp: i wonder how many kms tommy walsh does a week in his ■■■■■■ :question: :question: :question:

its a fix anyway, complete waste of money truckfest a complete and utter total rip off,

your wright globby there was one of aurthers shirleys in front of us and it was mint and neva got a look in coz tommy walsh was there in ■■■■■■… that he goes round cuttin the grass in council estates…

Thats right :smiley: :smiley: i saw him in the background on shameless :laughing: :laughing:

I believe his lawnmower won best combine harvester at the Cheshire Show too!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ovlov:
I believe his lawnmower won best combine harvester at the Cheshire Show too!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A smack in the face to so many. An insult to those that travelled so far to take part

truckfest has been for a good while a fix and a con, you look atg some of the past winners “which are the same old faces time and time again” and some of them a bit long in the tooth and wounder how the hell they keep winning when you,i, and your dog knows there is better in the show, and for the privliage of it you ahve to pay, i have always said this if you win 2 years on the trot any show! you should be made to stand down and just enter show and shine, lets look at it this way one year at a little show at pickering we new the show winner friday eve and we was only there 2 hrs, i was also told i had 1st place in my class and the show hadnt even started■■? w,t,f is that all about we new who had 2 and 3rd places they are a complete fix,also had a little info at driffield who had won and not to bother cleaning etc as the winners in the classes was,

glad i didn’t go
waste of dollar
:smiley:

We went to Haydock Truckfest on the Saturday about 11.00am, drove straight in, no traffic jams back to the M6 like previous years and thought " this doesn’t look too good" And how right i was. A small queue of about 20 people and three marshalls taking the cash. I’m glad i got my tickets at a discount through Volvo’s drivers club at a discount and didn’t have to pay the £12.50 they were charging for adults and £6.00 i think it was for children.
What a dissapoinment the whole show was, around 170 trucks i heard someone say had entered, one manufacturer, Mercedes, a few fire engines and a good display of modern recovery trucks, oh and an overpriced, empty “fun fair”. The few trade stands seemed to be trying hard to get people interested, but i have to ask,do we need Gypsy Rose Lee and blokes selling tacky perfume at what is supposed to be a premier Truck Show?
I know times are very hard for haulage companies and i did appreciate all those that made the usual spendid effort preparing their trucks, i dont know how they can pick a winner when everyone tries so hard. Maybe Truckfest should have realised by the small entry list it wasn’t going to be a great show and pulled the plug on it for this year, just a thought.

f its the same guy he one beest light comercial at peterbourough and santa pod last few years we entered my connect ilast ywars and parked with zebedee his and other were extremly well turned out some of cans were like new and has mega mikes on them how could he beet vans turned out so well
(we only entered as show and shineour selves so werent really competing as such)
i must have felt like a kick in he teeth for most that attended

Ok guys, I hate to be the voice of dissent here, and I can’t comment on the Haydock show as I wasn’t there (although I agree that the result at the top of this thread is nothing if not bizarre), nor do I know what happened at Driffield (other than it not being at Driffield any more… :laughing: ), but as some of you may remember, we had the “usual” winners on our/T&D’s stand at Peterborough this year to take them out of the main competition and give everyone else a chance.

Now I’m not going to pretend that showing motors is my thing, because it isn’t, but my dear friend Tom Cunningham took the time to explain to me why it’s the same people who win and win - and he should know, he’s one of - if not the - top professional truck photographers in this country and knows the judges at these events better than most through having worked with them. You know those spectacular cover shots T&D roll out every month? They’re Tom’s work.

Anyhow, we wandered around in the course of doing some work together and I clocked various trucks which you would think should have done better. Tom didn’t even have to step towards them to point out where they had gone wrong, and a quick review of what was on our stand proved his point. It’s down to attention to minute, and I mean minute detail. Not being my “thing” I can’t remember the details now, but he posts on here very occasionally as FOTO if you want to ask him yourselves. He’s possibly the world’s busiest man, mind, so don’t expect a quick reply.

Well on the ticket stub they could put the catogorys on it and have a tick box so that the public have a say in what they thought was the best that they saw by entering the truck allocation number in the relivent box ( back to my pass time FOOD ) :laughing: :laughing:

had 3 of my supaspace dafs at oswestry show they looked good then parked next to mine was that van.not my cup of tea.

does anyone have a picture of said van?

pretty sure this van was at uttoxeter which was also a poor show,when we was at donnington truck show a chap from truckfest was going round selling entry forms for a haydock at £10 a time so i hope not many of you paid full price to enter your truck

well i attended alot of shows this year ive been showing trucks along time and im sorry but the judges have got lazy i walked round truckfest and uttoxeter and donninton shows and i saw trucks that were spotless and never got a thing its not how much you clean n polish its where you clean and polish.if i go to truckfest next year with a truck it,ll not be to compete cuz i bet we all know whos won already.the simpsons van come second or third at uttoxeter its bassically a camper van full of simpsons memorabilia that pull an ifor williams trailer.can i ask those in the know how many of these judges are drivers.also if your in a working truck catagory shouldnt you have to show your weeks tachos or proof of work that week cuz we all know the big boys take theyre motors off the road to prep for big shows
truckfest needs a premier league for those who keep winning or just rip up the truckfest idea and start again and make it a show for trucks drivers and their familys like it was whjen it was first started all them years ago