Has Anyone Seen

the silver Scania with the extended sleeper cab pulling containers.Smart looking beast. Dont know the company or where from but I noticed the name Bailey on the side skirt.
Spotted on the M5 today.
Is this now deemed to be legal for length?

Search the word longline all will be revealed in previous threads

You can pull a forty foot box legal with a longline or t cab or spankys xf with an extention just not a 13.6m trailer.

kr79:
You can pull a forty foot box legal with a longline or t cab or spankys xf with an extention just not a 13.6m trailer.

you can also pull a forty five foot container with them too (on a 40’ trailer), as the container is the load, not part of the trailer :wink:

This be the one, ex-Gary George

shuttlespanker:
you can also pull a forty five foot container with them too (on a 40’ trailer), as the container is the load, not part of the trailer :wink:

Now showing my ignorance of the container job… :blush: :blush:

Is that why some skellies have pivoting extension arms (with twistlocks) at the back of them?

Do the arms count as part of the trailer?

dieseldave:

shuttlespanker:

Is that why some skellies have pivoting extension arms (with twistlocks) at the back of them?

Yes, they pivot so you can close the skel up when you’re tipping a 20’ box, otherwise they’d be in the way.

I swear I saw this exact unit a couple of weeks ago…although it was in a kind of goldish colour and the inside of it had a nice wood theme to it…I also noticed there was a mirror inside of it too…couldn’t figure out why.

Just as I read this thread I was trying to remember the reg of the LongLine I saw…then I spotted the reg in this pic and it deffo is the same truck!

waynedl:

dieseldave:

shuttlespanker:

Yes, they pivot so you can close the skel up when you’re tipping a 20’ box, otherwise they’d be in the way.

the pivoting extension arms are for a standard 40 foot container aswell, but as waynedl states, the fold over so the trailer can be shortened to tip a 20 foot

the 45 foot fits on the same rear twisatlocks as the 40 foot, but there is also a pull out bumper to cope with the extra overhang on the rear, also on the front, the bar where the suzzies connects to pulls out too to cope with the front overhang

Pedantic question Rob,

Would that rear pull out bar not put you overlength? Cos that is part of the trailer.

DaiDap:
Pedantic question Rob,

Would that rear pull out bar not put you overlength? Cos that is part of the trailer.

no, in much the same way as the extendable/trombone trailers stretch to fit the load

you have to stretch the trailer to fit the load, it is allowed

nickyboy:
This be the one, ex-Gary George

Thats the boy!!!
Thanks for all your replies and nickyboy for the pic.