Harvesting help

got a call yesterday from spencer gartin from altondorf harvesting, saying if i would like to go to the u.s there was a visa waiting for me at the embassey.
does any body no how much we get paid how much i will need for car,cdl,living ect.
hope some one can help wife is going up the wall with worrie.
rgds mark.

IAs a start I would read this thread HERE carefully… then ask the American Truck drivers on our sister USA site HERE

You will have to register again to use the American site(Exactly the same as when you registered here)

Daftramper,Don’t stress too much about expences etc.I think of several posts here and on the Ex-Pats forum in regards to USA Harvest.
Did it in 2002,hard work,long hours and a lot of times wishing I had stayed home but you won’t regret it.

hi mate here’s the link to our americans web site,i’m sure someone will help you out.

roundtable.truck.net/index.php :wink:

just register as you did on this site and then ask your question
good luck :wink:

Take about £500 with you as this will see you through until you start earning money at the harvesting thing. Forget about needing a car as you’ll not have time to drive around in it!!! They will lend you a pick-up if you want to go sightseeing on a wet day etc, Remember harvesting means long hours little sleep,have a shower at night after work and when you wake up for work in the morning your hair is still wet!!! :laughing: Expect to earn anywhere between $2000/$4000/month,the latter only in a very busy month harvesting virtually flat out!!! Don’t expect every weekend off, you may go a whole month without a single day off!! but you will enjoy the experience.Six of my mates are now over with Altendorfs at the mintue some of them are on their 3rd harvest in a row :sunglasses: To do the CDL will cost you a massive cost of approx £50!!! :open_mouth:

Big Truck:
Take about £500 with you as this will see you through until you start earning money at the harvesting thing. Forget about needing a car as you’ll not have time to drive around in it!!! They will lend you a pick-up if you want to go sightseeing on a wet day etc, Remember harvesting means long hours little sleep,have a shower at night after work and when you wake up for work in the morning your hair is still wet!!! :laughing: Expect to earn anywhere between $2000/$4000/month,the latter only in a very busy month harvesting virtually flat out!!! Don’t expect every weekend off, you may go a whole month without a single day off!! but you will enjoy the experience.Six of my mates are now over with Altendorfs at the mintue some of them are on their 3rd harvest in a row :sunglasses: To do the CDL will cost you a massive cost of approx £50!!! :open_mouth:

Well, big truck, you have answered a question for me here. I now see why no American or Perminant resident wants the job. I would want $10,000 a month for that :laughing:

Not to mention that even a trucker from the same state would be home every night, or even every weekend. You’d be away almost the whole time you were on the job. Most people want to get home and see the families/dog/hamster at least once every couple of weeks. That’s just not possible with the size of the harvesting job in the US.